galentine\'s day party
galentine\'s day party
Krista Stucchio
Life > Experiences

Everything You Need to do on Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

The most romantic day of the year is coming up, which also means one of the best days of the year is coming up, Galentine’s Day.

Galentine’s is a day dedicated for women to show their best friends how much they love and appreciate them. It’s usually celebrated on Feb. 13, the day before Valentine’s day. 

If you’re planning to host Galentine’s or just spend time with your girlfriends but aren’t sure what to do, here is everything you need to have the perfect girl’s night. 

Baking

I adore baking, so I will implement it into every occasion, especially a Galentine’s night. There are endless options for this holiday to enjoy a fun meal and satisfy your sweet treat cravings.

For a main entrée, I love heart-shaped pizzas. With this, everyone is able to customize it to their liking, yet have relatively matching pizzas. 

I’ve also seen heart-shaped pink sauce pasta that I am dying to try and I think it would look so cute with the other treats. 

For sweet treats, chocolate strawberries are a staple, especially coated in pink or red icing. Red velvet heart-shaped cookies are cute with the white icing and heart sprinkles as well. 

For my Galentine’s night, I am definitely going to be baking this tear-apart cinnamon roll heart. I saw the recipe a couple weeks ago and instantly knew I needed to recreate it. 

Romcom marathon

Have everyone come with one of their favorite romance movies in mind and watch everybody’s recommendations.

Personally, I love old 2000s movies and think they give off the perfect girl’s night vibe, but anything works.

Sydney Sweeney’s newest movie, “Anyone But You,” may not be out on streaming services yet, but I will most definitely be blasting “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield (if you know, you know).

candle painting

I absolutely love this idea. I did it last year for my Galentine’s night and they turned out adorable. 

All you need are some taper candles, colored tea light candles (or paint) and some brushes. Though I do recommend the colored tea light candles over the paint because it’s easier to manipulate and the wax sticks better to the taper candle.

vision boards

This is the perfect holiday to make a vision board if you haven’t already.

All you need is to gather some magazines or print out some of your favorite pictures from Pinterest to collage. Use it to manifest your dream year.

take polaroids

If you or a friend own a polaroid, bring it out for the night. It would be such a cute way to capture the night and have them strewed around the tables. 

It also serves as something your girls can take home at the end of the night.

wine glass painting

I saw this idea a while back for Christmas parties, but this is a fun craft to do for any occasion.

To fit the holiday, you can decorate your glasses with an abundance of red and pink hues with hearts. When you’re done, you have a sentimental, cute and unique wine glass to add to your kitchen cabinet.

Some other quick ideas to have the best night is incorporating a PowerPoint night or turning it into an all-night event with a slumber party. I also love the idea of everyone bringing a signature Galentine’s cocktail — you can find many Galentine’s related recipes from TikTok.

No matter how you celebrate, at the end of the day, it’s all about spending time with your true soulmates: your best friends. Happy Galentine’s!

A third-year student at Penn State studying English with a passion for Journalism. When she is not writing, she is making Pinterest boards, painting, curled up with a good book or listening to Taylor Swift!