Don’t miss out, come to the PSU Student Drag Show!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Strap on your heels for the PSU Fall Student Drag Show

Today, Penn State students and community members are encouraged to come to the LGBTQA Student Roundtable’s annual Student Drag Show at 10 p.m. in Alumni Hall. The audience can expect to see performances from Penn State’s fiercest drag queens and kings.

Some of the queens featured during the show will include: Laurel Charleston, Absinthe, Bonzai Bucket, Hexxa and Patent Pending, with José Queervo hosting the event. Full interviews with these queens can be viewed here. 

The show will be one of the last events to close out National Coming Out Week. The Roundtable used this week to celebrate and promote the inclusion and understanding of gender identity and expression on campus.

This week of activities, including the drag show, all branched off of the initial Coming Out Day, which was Oct. 11, 2017.

According to the Human Rights Campaign, National Coming Out Day is a day to celebrate coming out as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ) or as an ally. This year marks the 29th anniversary of the first National Coming Out Day, which was observed on the anniversary of the National March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights.

If you’re looking the perfect way to close your week, come on out and support your local drag superstars!

Photo by Katerina Procyk | Her Campus Penn State​

Kat Procyk is a Penn State senior studying multimedia journalism. She loves dogs, cameras, w(h)ine and experiencing life. She hopes to either continue with journalism or go into the film industry.