Don’t Sit In My Unassigned Assigned Seat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Listen up!

I’m here to discuss a very important issue in college classrooms. That’s right, I want to go over unassigned assigned seats.

What exactly is an unassigned assigned seat, you might ask? Picture this: you walk into class on the first day of class and find a good seat. This may become the seat you remain in for the semester, or maybe it’ll take a few classes for you to find a seat you really like.

But when the day comes, you’ll know it. You’ve finally found it – the seat you’ll sit in for the whole semester! It’s yours and everyone will respect that, because they too have found a seat they like best.

Until one day, you find yourself running just a bit late. You don’t worry about it too much, but then you walk into class and see it – someone has decided to sit in your seat.

You can’t believe your eyes and even feel a bit betrayed. Why would they do this to you? Don’t they understand that is your seat?

So, you find another seat close by. But the damage doesn’t end there; inevitably, you then become the seat-stealer, and the whole nonexistent seating chart is messed up. Everything is ruined.

The person who sits where they don’t belong is always that one person who never found a seat and just hops around stealing joy and comfort. So rude.

In college, the seating charts don’t really exist, but most people make it a habit to sit in the same seat everyday. And when you walk into class and see someone else sitting where you have sat for Every. Single. Class., it might annoy you a bit.

So, I beg you. Please, respect the invisible sign that reserves my seat.

GIFs via Giphy

Allie Maniglia served as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Penn State from 2017-2018. She majored in public relations with minors in international studies and communication arts and sciences. If she's not busy writing away, you can find her planning her next adventure (probably back to the U.K.), feeding an unhealthy addiction to HGTV or watching dog videos on YouTube.