Developing a Love for Exploration: Study Abroad in Italy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Studying
for midterms is already difficult enough back at PSU, but it is nothing compared to getting through midterm testing when you know that as soon as you step foot outside of your Thursday exam, you are jetting off to four amazing European countries. I said it, four. 

Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam and Paris… here we come. 

After visiting Venice, Siena, London and Barcelona—all cities I completely fell in love with—I could not be any more ready and excited to do more of what I love most: explore. What I’ve found to love about traveling is experiencing the little things that make each and every city special in their own way. Venice felt like a real life, enchanted Disney World ride, I actually felt like I was actually in “Under the Tuscan Sun” in Siena, I met the queen in London (kidding, but Buckingham Palace was incredible) and the combination of modern, colorful architecture and salty wind blowing in your face made Barcelona magical. 

Yes,
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world and I can’t ever imagine wanting this to end. It continues to be a dream on earth that at any moment I could wake up from. 

But Penn State (and I speak for fellow abroad students when I say this), we have not forgotten about you. Something about the charismatic, “homey” feel of State College lingers within us throughout all of our travels. Yes, we crowded around a computer and watched the THON total (and cried) and yes, some of us did wear green in honor of State Patty’s Day. 

No matter where we go, we bring PSU with us. It is such a great feeling to know the incredible community of State College that is behind us in our travels and that when we return, we will be better versions of ourselves than the ones that left in January.

Stay tuned Collegiates, because this traveling Nittany Lion is just getting started.

Arrivederci!