The Daily Collegian Promotions Manager, Jacqueline Till

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Name: Jacqueline Till

Year: Sophomore

Major: Public relations, minor in english

Hometown: Wayne, PA

HC: Tell me about your position at The Daily Collegian. What do you do?

Jacqueline: I’m the Promotions Manager, so my role is to oversee every contest, giveaway and promotion run by The Daily Collegian. There are annual promotions we do every year, like the Halloween Costume Contest. We’re also approached by clients to create and monitor new promotions, such as the Totally Tiesto contest this past fall. The goal of all the promotions is to interact with the students at Penn State, and increase the presence of The Daily Collegian on campus.

HC: You have a high title considering you’re just a sophomore. Is it difficult taking on so much responsibility when you’re fairly new?

Jacqueline: It definitely took a lot of adjustment at first, but my department and everyone I work with on the Business Division Board of Managers have provided outstanding support and feedback.

HC: What was the most enjoyable promotion you’ve been involved in doing?

Jacqueline: For the past eight years, the Promotions Department has been in charge of the Penn State Football White Out T-Shirt Contest. We collect the designs, monitor the voting, and announce the winning design in The Daily Collegian. It’s great working with the students on a promotion that affects the Penn State community on such a wide scale, and it’s awesome seeing how creative the students are.  It’s also interesting to see all the behind-the-scene steps that go into making an official Penn State T-shirt.

HC: What skills have you gained working as the Promotions Manager at The Daily Collegian?

Jacqueline: I’ve learned how to be a professional and how to communicate effectively. Working as the Promotions Manager also cultivates my creativity, since my department and I always have to be thinking of new ways to promote The Daily Collegian.

HC: What would you say to anyone out there looking to become involved with the Collegian?

Jacqueline: By joining the Collegian, you become a part of a 126-year Penn State tradition. There’s a place for everyone, whether that be in the Business Division or News Division. The Daily Collegian is the number one student newspaper by the Princeton Review, and we’re always looking for new students to help preserve that legacy. We consider ourselves Penn State’s most trusted news source and a successful business thanks to the dedicated students behind The Daily Collegian.

Maddie is a junior at Penn State pursuing a major in Public Relations with a minor in Business. She is from Timonium, MD. She loves all things pop culture and hopes to pursue a career in the entertainment industry.