The College Experience As Told By The Walking Dead

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Listen, we all know that the college experience can be a lot like a post-apocalyptic warzone in many ways. Constant hunger, fighting death, always worrying if you’ll make it to the next day – what better way than to have The Walking Dead portray these specific moments that we all experience? 

1. When the professor assigns more than one page for a reading assignment.

2. When your parents ask how studying for finals is going.

3. When you look at yourself in a mirror after taking a traumatizing exam.

4. When the professor starts handing out the answer sheets.

5. When you’re FaceTiming your friend while walking home from the bar at 3 a.m. when you know you should’ve been studying.

6. When you have to meal plan on a budget.

7. When you’re giving yourself a pep talk after doing poorly on an exam.

8. When you’re forced to schedule an 8 a.m. even though you know you won’t be able to function.

9. When the class valedictorian gives their speech at graduation.

10. When it’s all said and done, and graduation rolls around.

But the end is in sight…until January! 

Hi all! My name is Alicia. I am currently a senior at Penn State University, where I major in Human Development and Family Studies, and minor in Rehab Human Services. I am not sure what the future holds for me, but I do know that I want to work with other people and help as much as possible. I am a social person, and love to make people laugh! I also love to bake, so you'll either find me in the kitchen or in my bed watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Creativity is something I'd like to think that I possess, so follow me on Instagram and be the judge @aliciamcc !
Allie Maniglia served as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Penn State from 2017-2018. She majored in public relations with minors in international studies and communication arts and sciences. If she's not busy writing away, you can find her planning her next adventure (probably back to the U.K.), feeding an unhealthy addiction to HGTV or watching dog videos on YouTube.