Campus Correspondent Meghan Maffey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

During all the excitement of the new semester and fall recruitment, we realized we forgot to introduce our readers to one very important person – our new CC! This year she will be working alongside Rachael to help make Her Campus Penn State the very best it can be, and it’s time you met her. This week’s Campus Celebrity is our very own Meghan Maffey.

Name: Meghan Maffey
Year: Junior
Major: Broadcast Journalism 
Hometown: Basking Ridge, NJ

HC: So how’s it feel to be our new CC?
MM: I am so fortunate for the opportunity to be the new CC. It feels awesome to have all of our amazing writers look up to me! 

HC: What made you want apply for the position last year?
MM: Last year I realized that I really wanted to get more involved with Her Campus. Writing articles was so much fun, and Rachael was such a cool person that I wanted to make a difference just like she did. 

HC: If you could describe our chapter in one word, what would it be?
MM: Spontaneous.

HC: What’s your favorite section of the site?
MM: CAMPUS CUTIES. Ask any member of our team, and they will tell you that when in doubt, ask Meg for a Campus Cutie and she’ll get one. I love interviewing them, and their answers to our questions are the highlights of my day. ( i.e. Tom Mullin’s drink question & Chris Brewi’s coconut answer

HC: What’s one goal you have for our chapter this year?
MM: One goal I have for our chapter would be the bonding of our group. Just the other day we all went and got fro-yo together, and I really felt like we were all getting more and more comfortable with each other and know that we will be the best of friends by the end of the year. I love having a place where I can express myself and not be afraid that my fellow writers aren’t going to like my ideas. We’re a judge-free zone! 

HC: What are you most looking forward to?
MM: If I’m being completely honest…I am most looking forward to the brunch my roommates and I are having tomorrow before the football game. But if it’s not food related, I am most looking forward to seeing what our amazing new and returning members are going to bring us this school year :) 
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.