This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

As an avid reader, there is little I like more than finding a book I adore. Finding a series I love? That feels like being in paradise.However, those can be really tough to come by.

But, a few months ago I came across a book titled “Binding 13” on the sometimes fickle BookTok. Deciding to give it a chance, I started reading it and instantly fell in love.

I devoured this book in a day. And even though it is quite long, I found myself wanting more and more of this world and characters that filled the pages.

To my utter delight, I learned there was a sequel.

Later, to my amazement, I learned that “Binding 13” was the first of many books belonging to a series by author Chloe Walsh titled “Boys of Tommen.”

If you’re looking to immerse yourself in a series that is mesmerizing, I recommend giving this series a try.

“Binding 13” takes place in Cork, Ireland. Shannon is a 15-year-old girl about to start at a brand new private school due to the severe bullying she has had to endure at her public school for the entirety of her life.

However, Shannon’s torment doesn’t just stem from traumatic school experiences. She is also a victim of domestic violence at the hands of her father. All in all, she has a really sad life. However, she is looking forward to starting school at the expensive Tommen College and hopeful about attending school there.

Enter, Johnny.

Johnny has his whole life planned out for him. A rugby star who is expected to go pro, he doesn’t have time for distractions, or so he thought. Upon accidentally hitting Shannon in the head with a rugby ball on her first day, Johnny feels responsible for making sure Shannon’s okay.

However, he quickly becomes infatuated with Shannon, and learns that the plans he’s had since childhood may begin to alter.

From there, there are three other “Boys of Tommen” books available to read. “Keeping 13” is the sequel to “Binding 13” while “Saving 6” and “Redeeming 6” revolve around Shannon’s brother, Joey and his relationship with Aoife.

“Binding 13” BY CHLOE WALSH

Shannon and Johnny’s story.

“KEEPING 13” BY CHLOE WALSH

Shannon and Johnny’s story continued.

“sAVING 6” BY CHLOE WALSH

Joey and Aoife’s story.

“REDEEMING 6” BY CHLOE WALSH

Joey and Aoife’s story continued.

I really cannot emphasize enough how much I adore these books and this series as a whole. At times, the subject matter can be extremely heavy. However, the author does an astounding job of finding joy and happiness, all while dealing with heartbreak.

This book is a bit of an oxymoron, it can have you crying your heart out one page, and laughing out loud the next. If you’re looking for a series to capture your attention (and heart) I seriously recommend giving “Boys of Tommen” a chance.

Happy reading, I hope you love this series as much as I do!

Chelsea Nakhleh is a sophomore at Penn State University studying digital print journalism.