This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

I am a huge reader, or at least I try to be. I set my yearly Goodreads goal to 50 books this year, and I already have plenty of books on my “to-be-read” list that I’m dying to read.

Some of them are set to be released this year, and others are ones I simply haven’t gotten around to reading. Either way, these are the books I’m most excited to read in 2023.

“Conversations on love” – natasha lunn

In this book born from Natasha Lunn’s newsletter interviews, “Conversations on Love” expands on the concept of love in all its forms; romantic, platonic, familial, loss and grief.

This is an essay collection that brilliantly allows the reader space to consider their own relationships and what truly brings them happiness, and I cannot wait to dive into this book.

“the woman destroyed” – simone de beauvoir

Translated from French into English, “The Woman Destroyed” entails three novellas that draw the reader into the lives of three women all facing unexpected crises. Reviews say that this is a great social observation and reflection of women’s dependence on men and accurately represents the emotional world of women.

“everything i know about love” – dolly alderton

I am incredibly excited to read this bestselling memoir about growing up, growing older and learning to navigate friendships, jobs, loss and love along the ride. I’m a sucker for real, humorous stories about life and love, and this book has it.

“writers & lovers” – lily king

I have owned this book for almost two years and it keeps getting pushed to the back of the line in favor of other books. Well, I am finally ready to read this portrayal of a girl in the last days of youth who is getting ready to start the next phase of her life.

“pineapple street” – jenny jackson

Intergenerational family drama in a family of one-percenters? Sign me up immediately. This story has the heart and the humor and I know once I start this, I won’t be able to put it down. Now, all I have to do it wait for its release in March.

“happy place” – emily henry

I have been obsessed with Emily Henry ever since I read “Beach Read” and I am eagerly awaiting the release of “Happy Place” in April. This book is about a couple who broke up months before the annual weeklong vacation with their best friends and decide to make a pact to pretend to be together, and I am so here for the drama.

“part of your world” – abby jimenez

I can’t resist a good romantic comedy and this book seems to be what I’ve been yearning for. “Part of Your World” takes the opposites attract trope and subtle nods to various fairytales to make a great, well-paced, must-read book.

“the things we leave unfinished” – rebecca yarros

“The Things We Leave Unfinished” is a book about starting over after a brutal divorce, and finding love again. This is much more than a romantic book though — it’s inspirational, filled with hope, and all about trust, acceptance, the healing power of forgiveness and second chances.

“beartown” – fredrik backman

After reading Backman’s “A Man Called Ove” and loving it, I knew I had to add this one to my list. “Beartown” is a novel that follows a small community, the hopes that bring everyone together, the secrets that tear them apart and how they come back together.

I know I will be enjoying these books in 2023, and if any of these books seem to float your boat, try them out!

Happy reading!

Hannah Workman is currently a sophomore at Penn State University studying psychology and journalism. When she's not writing or being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus, Hannah loves listening to music, reading, and spending too much money on concerts and Starbucks!