This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

If you are anything like me, you know there is nothing worse than working in silence. The constant flow of tunes is essential for making the last-minute assignments or LinkedIn scouring to fly by. 

There are millions of playlists that live across streaming sites, but it is so difficult to find the right vibe when there are so many choices. 

I tend to switch up the type of music I listen to while cramming in the library, or while scrolling aimlessly on job sites, because I never want a playlist to become overplayed.  

Here are five playlists to motivate you to stop procrastinating, or to encourage you to submit a couple more applications for kicks. 

Indie Inspiration

I love to listen to soft music while I am in the trenches, so look no further than one of my personal favorite playlists. It features various artists from Hippo Campus to Yoke Lore.

This playlist is great for background music to get you in the zone. It will make you feel like you are driving across the country living your granola dreams.

You will practically be able to smell the crisp air of an early morning in the mountains.

Procrastination Nation

As a professional procrastinator who always is doing my assignments last minute, I require the perfect playlist to get myself motivated.

The playlist cannot be too engaging or I will find myself singing along and losing my momentum. This playlist is a perfect mix of soft and just upbeat enough to push me to look at my Canvas notifications.

It will keep your focus without causing a “High School Musical” dance to break out in the quiet room in the library. 

Good Vibes

I am always up for a mood-boosting playlist, but I am tired of the premade playlists on Spotify, which seem to be very repetitive.

I am constantly looking for playlists that will get me out of a rut, especially as the job season approaches. 

I am a sucker for a playlist packed with 1970s and ’80s songs because they emit such genuine joy. If you are having a bad day and need that final push to get to work, look no further. 

Bad B*tch Energy

Nothing says powering through five job applications quite like Cardi B and Nikki blaring in the background. Sometimes you have to crank up the tunes to really set the mood for getting work done.

If Doja is not the background noise while you are applying for big-girl jobs, I do not think you are doing it right. Check out this playlist to jam out while dialing in. 

In Your Feels

Crying in the library builds character.

Between job rejections and grades that didn’t come out the way you planned, college can sometimes feel like a lonely place. This grants you all the right to put on your headphones and have a good cry between the stacks.

This playlist features a couple of oldies as well as new songs which creates the perfect balance. It will definitely put you in major sad boy hours, but don’t let that stop you. 

With all these playlists and the vast amounts that exist across the streaming sites, I wish you the best of luck getting down to business. 

Happy job hunting!

Current Senior at PSU UP. I live right outside of DC in Bethesda, MD and I am on track to be an Advertising and Public Relations major with a minor in Business I love sitcoms, stand-up and spend my time hanging out with friends and traveling.