This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Women’s History Month is upon us, happy celebrating ladies!

There is nothing better to do this month than gather your gals together and celebrate being strong independent women. 

What more suitable way than watching a movie marathon, and better yet, movies that pass the Bechdel Test? 

If you are unfamiliar with the Bechdel Test, it is a way of evaluating a film or fiction where two female leads have a conversation that isn’t about men. 

Ironically, a lot of movies in Hollywood fail to pass, but who is surprised? 

Nonetheless, here are some top picks to rein in Women’s History Month because nothing says women’s appreciation like empowering female leads.

Everything Everywhere All at Once

Not only did they just excel in the Oscars, but they received nominations in all categories. Though this film can’t be easier explained in a few sentences, it will make you cry, laugh, gasp and more.

It is truly one of the most influential films I have seen in the past couple of years and I promise it will exceed all of your expectations.

Not only that, but it features several strong female leads, whose problems are caused by anything, but a man.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

As an avid Marvel fan, it doesn’t surprise me to see many of their movies on the pass list, but this is one you need to commit to watching.

It is beautifully made with a lovely tribute to Chadwick Boseman. Not to mention the star-studded cast of amazing Black women who take the stage.

If you are looking to get into the Marvel cult, look no further. Powerful women doing crazy things are all you need to get hooked. 

Hidden Figures

Such an amazing film about the real-life calculators of NASA. It follows the story of Katherine Goble, Mary Jackson and Dorothy Vaugh who faced the challenges of racism and sexism in the 1960s.

Not only were they incredibly intelligent, but they went on to become some of the first female African-American engineers and supervisors.

It is heart-wrenching and inspirational and perfect for any occasion. 

Bridesmaids

This cult classic will have you crying or laughing with all of your girlfriends. It follows a bunch of women gearing up for their best friend’s wedding.

It features Melissa Mccarthy, Kristen Wigg and Maya Rudolph, the perfect mixture to get the laughs going.

Get a couple of bottles of wine, and a bunch of snacks and have an amazing women-filled movie night. 

Little Miss Sunshine

This movie will bring you to tears. Happy, sad, confused and more, this movie is a roller coaster of emotions.

It follows a dysfunctional family taking a cross-country road trip to enroll their spunky daughter in a beauty pageant.

It features Steve Carrell, Toni Collette and Abigail Breslin, with the storyline of gold. Although this film doesn’t feature a primarily female cast, it is a best tear-jerker palette cleanser. 

There are many more amazing movies that pass this very outdated sexist test, but these are some personal favorites. 

Happy watching and celebrating ladies!

Current Senior at PSU UP. I live right outside of DC in Bethesda, MD and I am on track to be an Advertising and Public Relations major with a minor in Business I love sitcoms, stand-up and spend my time hanging out with friends and traveling.