This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

There are lots of health and beauty products on the market and easily accessible to people. Usually you don’t think twice about throwing a bottle of shampoo or shower gel out once you’ve used it up, but what if you did? In the spirit of Earth Day, here are four health and beauty brands that are consciously looking into their impact on the planet.

1. Lush Cosmetics

Lush’s products are made with natural ingredients. Lush also has “naked” packaging for most of their products which means there’s no plastic containers that ends up in landfills.

2. Love and Planet

Love and Planet can be found in many stores, including Target. They track and publish the statistics on their carbon footprint, water usage and waste generation.

3. Burt’s Bees

Burt’s Bees packaging is created with easily recyclable materials. Also, they use recycled plastics in the packaging for their health and beauty products.  

4. The Body Shop

The Body Shop uses sustainable ingredients in their products that are found naturally in the world. Their products also are tested for biodegradability and safety to the environment.

Hopefully this helps you see that there are brands out there who are thinking about their footprint on the planet. Happy Earth Day, collegiettes.

Hannah Nelson is a senior at Penn State University, double majoring in Print/Digital Journalism and History. She enjoys Marvel movies, anything Harry Potter, books, quoting Vines and watching Tik Toks. In her free time, she is probably watching Try Guys videos on YouTube. She is passionate about mental health, women's rights and the Black Lives Matter movement.
Aisha is currently a senior at Penn State University, studying Telecommunications in the Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications. She is a contributing writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State and her hobbies are reading, listening to music, and watching hockey. Originally hailing from Jakarta, Indonesia, her dream for the future is to someday be part of the book publishing industry, digital marketing or work on a media team for a sports team.