7 Things You Can Substitute As A Fracket

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

We’ve all been there – you’re stranded in Fratland desperately craving a slice from Canyon, it is 20 degrees outside, and you just cannot find your fracket. Whether you forgot where you hid it, or some horrible person stole it, you’re desperate and will go to any lengths not to freeze on your walk home. Next time this happens to you, don’t panic, we’ve got you covered. Here are seven items that can be your fracket for the night.

*Disclaimer: We in no way condone stealing these items from fraternities. We do, however, suggest making friends with people who live in fraternities and will gladly let you borrow these items for your walk home. 

1. A curtain

There might be some nasty frat sludge splashed onto the bottom of it, but it will definitely serve its purpose.

2. A towel

Borrowing a towel from a fraternity brother’s room or bathroom might not be the most sanitary of options, but sometimes, a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do.

3. A tablecloth

This option may be a little more difficult to come by, as we are not sure if frats even own tablecloths. But if you search hard enough, a tablecloth could be a game changer.

4. A blanket

Whether it comes from the furniture that’s stuffed into a side room or straight from the dog bed, at least you’ll be warm on your walk home.

5. A trash bag

A trash bag is probably not the most ideal substitution for a fracket, but if it covers your arms and legs, it’s definitely better than nothing!

Bonus: it’s waterproof!

6. A shower curtain

Thinking about what goes on in a frat shower, and how they’re most likely not being cleaned as often as they should, makes this one a pretty tough decision. But you know what they say… desperate times calls for desperate frackets.

7. “Borrowing”

Even though you’ll just be putting someone else in the same, desperate position you were just in, most people agree that if your fracket gets stolen, it’s fair game to “borrow” someone else’s.

Happy fratting, Penn Staters! Keep warm and keep track of that fracket!

Photo credit: 1

Carleen is a Senior at Penn State University from Scranton, Pa. She can usually be found in Chambers building studying Early Childhood Education, at Starbucks, Dunkin, Au Bon Pain (litearlly anywhere she can get her coffee fix in), or hanging out with her THON friends! She is also a member of Delta Gamma. She enjoys Netflix, naps, and chipotle. Her dream is to get hired as a Kindergarten teacher after graduation and one day become a mom!
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.