Whether you can personally identify or not, these 5 wardrobe staples can be used to peg almost any sorority girl you see crossing Fraternity Row.
1. Cat Ears: You never know when you are going to have to whip out your cat ears and represent the most basic costume that everyone knows and loves. They may be cheetah print, black, or tiger print (all of which I have in my closet right now), or anything in between. They will come in handy for any weeklong, Halloween costume or when you really just want to feel cheetahlicious.
2. Uggs: Ugh! Yes, they’re extremely ugly but perfect for when you are walking back and forth between East and Pollock or when you are going to chapter on a cold Sunday night. They keep your feet extremely warm and are easily paired with every girl’s staple black leggings.
3. Parka: This is what my cousin calls my “sorority jacket.” When I told him I was going to Penn State, he ensured me that I needed to obtain a “sorority jacket.” Almost every single girl that is in a sorority, or even those who aren’t, has this fashionable down coat in either black or grey (or both, of course) complete with the cozy fur-lined hood.
4. That one pair of super uncomfortable heels: These are awful. Some girls don’t wear heels (more power to you), but for those of us that do, we all have that one pair that stare at us from the back of the closet. Mine are 7-inch, sparkly, black, skinny-heeled shoes that only come out for formal (to which they come off in a matter of minutes) or Halloween, when they would add the perfect addition to that last-minute costume.
5. Anything covered in glitter: We love glitter. We love sequins. Skirts, shirts, hats, dresses… anything. You name it, we probably have it covered in glitter.