This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

As the weather starts to cool and the leaves begin to fall, what better time than now to spruce up your space with some fall decor? Living on a budget and being a broke college student myself, it’s hard finding inexpensive, cute decor! 

Here are a couple ways to take your space to the next level while saving a couple bucks!

1) Fairy Lights

string lights wrapped around pumpkin
Photo by ?ukasz Nie?cioruk from Unsplash

Although this is somewhat cliche, fairy lights can take any space to the next level. From hanging them along the wall to storing them in jars as a centerpiece, there is no limit to what you can do. The best part is that you can find them almost anywhere for relatively cheap. They usually range from $5-10 depending on where you get them, but they are an essential to any room. The best part is, you can keep them up all year! 

2) Fall Leaf Garland

fall leaves on table
Photo by June O from Unsplash

There’s no better way to welcome fall than some orange and yellow! One of my favorite parts of fall is the colorful leaves, so I love to have them strung around my apartment. Amazon offers a great deal of 12 strands of garland for $12! What a steal and your guests will love the photo op!

3) Pumpkins

Fall Produce 1
Photo by Sarah Pflug from Burst/Shopify

Nothing says fall like pumpkin spiced everything. An array of pumpkins is an adorable way to spice up your space. Target offers ceramic pumpkins for only $5! They will make your space feel like a pumpkin patch while giving the elegance at the same time! 

4) Hand Towels

Brandless

For those of us that need to decorate our kitchens to match the fall food aesthetic, look no further than cute hand towels. They are a great way to add a little bit of sparkle into an otherwise dull space. Target also offers inexpensive hand towels. From pumpkins, to leafs, to turkeys, they will work for any occasion. Plus, they are only $5! 

5) Candles

Courtesy of Dairy Queen
Last and my personal favorite, fall candles are an essential to make any space feel extra cozy. Any apple cider, fall air, or pumpkin scented candles are my kryptonite. Normally, nice candles can be on the more expensive side. However, Target’s new line of fall candles will satisfy any fall lovers that are balling on a budget! I just purchased 5 of these the other day because they are only $5! I recommend the Bourbon Pumpkin, it is truly divine.

Current Senior at PSU UP. I live right outside of DC in Bethesda, MD and I am on track to be an Advertising and Public Relations major with a minor in Business I love sitcoms, stand-up and spend my time hanging out with friends and traveling.
Arden Ericson will graduate Penn State in May of 2023. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at PSU, she is a double-major in Public Relations and French Language. After graduation, she will pursue a career that combines her passion for educational equity, social justice and French.