25 Annoying Things Only Penn State Students Will Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

If there’s one thing everyone knows about Penn State students it’s that we love our school. Even so, college life simply wouldn’t be complete without the daily annoyances that come with taking classes, attending meetings, studying for exams and trying to maintain a decent social life on the side. If you attend Penn State, you know exactly what I’m talking about. If not, here’s a basic idea: 

1. Feeling personally victimized by the Willard Preacher.

2. Trying and failing at sneaking guests into the student section at Beaver Stadium.

3. Waiting in line for a treadmill at the White Building.

4. Being questioned about Sandusky.

5. People trying to hand you flyers in the HUB.

6. ANGEL shutting down after 3 a.m.

7. Bikers who nearly kill you when they ride by.

8. Slow walkers. 

9. People who try to tell you Pitt is better. 

10. People who use a computer desk at the library just to sleep… or take phone calls… or play obnoxious music (the list goes on). 

11. Having to throw away your Starbucks the second you get on the CATA bus.

12. Judgmental stares from tourists on your walk of shame.

13. Getting drinks spilled on you by sloppy drunks.

14. Trying to schedule classes at midnight on a Friday.

15. Getting creepy compliments from random guys.

16. People who look both ways when crossing College Ave.

17. The line at Starbucks (or anywhere, for that matter).

18. The mountain that is Shortlidge Road.

19. Freezing all the way to class…drenched in sweat the second you sit down.

20. Trying to politely explain that you do not need another free bible.

21. Dodging backpacks on the CATA.

22. People who sit on the end of an empty row and give you dirty looks when you need to get by.

23. Parking tickets.

24. Group projects that determine your entire grade. 

25. The weekly stress that can only be solved by unforgettable weekends. 

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.