17 Signs You’re Ready To Return To State

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

In just a few short days thousands of bright-eyed and bushy-tailed freshmen will be flooding University Park anxious to embark on their four-year journey at the greatest university on earth. But, for those of us returning, it’s bound to be a beautiful reunion with our perfect little home in the valley. Whether you’re back from a long summer abroad, a busy internship in the city or a rather uneventful few months in your hometown, here are 17 signs you are ready to return to State. 

1.     Chipotle is STILL not within walking distance of your house.

2.     Your parents’ social lives have become more exciting than yours.

3.     It’s been far too long since you’ve heard the roar of the Nittany Lion.

4.     Football season is so close you can taste it.

5.     You’ve lost total track of time without the Old Main Bell.

6.  50 minute classes will always be more bearable than 8 hour work days.

7.     Syllabus week is calling your name.

8.     You’ve forgotten what it’s like to hang out with people your own age.

9. Your Friday nights have consisted of Netflix and your bedroom for the past few weeks.

10. Your most recent text messages include Watch List notifications and your parents. 

11.  Because Arts Fest was a total tease.

12. Staying up past 10 P.M. has become a total struggle.

13. You’re vicariously living through the friends who were smart enough to stay for the summer.

14. You were totally jealous of the freshmen in summer session.

15. You have yet to take a selfie with Coach Franklin.

16. Parties in friends’ basements just aren’t cutting it anymore.

17. Because there’s no place like Happy Valley. 

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.