samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

16 Times You Thought You Weren’t Going To Make It Through Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and it also makes you want to yank out your entire head of hair. That’s right, it’s finals week. They warned you about this in high school, but you never thought it could possibly amount to this! Through overly crammed planners, endless all-nighters and a few mental breakdowns, this week probably has you questioning your own survival skills. Here’s 16 times you seriously thought you weren’t going to make it during finals week.

1. When even just writing out your “to-do” list for the week exhausts you already.

2. When you try to figure out how you could possibly have a final in biology, English, statistics and The History of the Modern Zebra all on the same day. You’re right, someone is definitely out to get you this year.

3. When the GPA calculator tells you that you need a 100.03% on the exam to get the grade you want. But hey, they still took the time to calculate that extra .03% for you. How courteous!

4. When you thought the exam was on Friday, but it’s actually tomorrow morning.

5. Oh, it’s also midnight by the time you realize this. Even better.

6. When you can spot your under eye circles from a mile away (okay, please tell me they’re not that bad)!

7. When you realize you’ve procrastinated.

8. Like, really procrastinated.

9. When you’re finally ready to give up on cramming for that exam… at the exact same moment your roomie decides to start studying for hers. Who needs sleep anyway, right?

10. When it’s the morning of your exam and you basically cry into your cereal instead of eating it.

11. Better yet, you’re rushing out the door to get to your test on time, and you can’t even find one pencil to bring with you.

12. When you realize you don’t know the answer to the first question, or the second, or the third… okay, can someone please just rip my exam up for me already?

13. When your first exam ends, and you don’t know whether to cry because you butchered that one or because you still have four more left to bomb. 

14. When you find out that you’ll be paying approximately twice the price of your tuition for a plane ticket home. That’s it, it’s over! You’ll be stuck here all winter with only poor exam grades and an empty wallet to show for it.

15. When Ryan Gosling’s motivational memes can’t even pick you up at this point. Hey girl, you’ve really hit rock bottom now.

16. But then you realize what is perhaps the most important part of this week: the mental, physical and emotional pain you’re feeling really just means that despite the wrath of finals week, a miracle has happened – you are still alive and breathing.

Don’t worry, ladies. With a clear head and a hopeful heart, you’ll be able to dominate this week like it’s nobody’s business! Don’t get me wrong, developing a killer study plan is important. But make sure that you also give yourself time to relax, leave room to spend time with friends and learn to laugh at any bumps in the road that might pop up along the way. Trust me, it’ll make your Netflix marathons and cookie decorating sessions next week that much better!

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.