10 Ways To Get Into The Fall Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Finally, flannel season has arrived. It’s the most vibrant, magnificent, colorful time of the year. If you find yourself struggling to experience the fall festivities due to exams and papers, then have no fear: the time has come for you to reward yourself with a well-deserved study break to enjoy any and all fall-themed activities. Here are some suggestions to help get you into the fall spirit:

1. Relax with a Halloween movie.

You can try a scary movie like “The Shining” or one that makes you happy like “Twitches.”

2. Break out your favorite fall-colored sweater.

You can even have a photo shoot with your best gal pals. 

3. Before it gets too cold outside, go for a hike.

Don’t forget to take in the fall foliage, too.

4. Channel your inner artist and carve pumpkins. 

You can even go that extra mile and paint them.

5. Collect different colored leaves. 

Perfect for scrapbooking!

6. Appreciate the fresh air and go apple picking.

You’ll leave refreshed and with a healthy snack… or you can make your own fresh apple cider. 

7. Create and devour some delicious s’mores at a bonfire. 

It’ll leave you wanting s’more. 

8. Search for some punny costumes for you and your friends to wear during Halloweekend. 

Or go for a classic movie reference, too.

9. Bake pumpkin flavored cookies.

Use cookie cutters to make them even more festive!

10. Get crafty and make a fall themed wreath for your door. 

There’s nothing like spreading fall festive cheer!

Before we know it, this autumn weather will end and it’ll start snowing – so appreciate it while it lasts with some of your best friends!

Maire is a junior at Penn State majoring in psychology. She loves ice cream, writing, and crocs. She hopes to grow as a writer during her time at Her Campus. She loves the environment. Follow her vegetarian food Instagram for cool and fun content @iturnipforvegetables !
Samantha Grillo graduated from Penn State University with a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism. She loves creative writing, pop culture and Penn State, all of which led her to joining the Her Campus Penn State team at the beginning of her freshman year as a contributing writer. In her free time, Samantha enjoys reading, watching her favorite TV shows, and catching up on the latest movies.