This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

That’s one oddly specific and lengthy title but bear with me here. While I am both cynical and single, a girl can have hopes and dreams, right? I may not have a lover, but when I finally meet my better half, look out world.

Am I a hopeless romantic? Possibly. Probably. Besides the point. Without further ado, I present to you: the list of fridge light love songs.

“I’m With You” by Vance Joy

If you’ve been reading my content for a while, you know that Vance Joy has a huge piece of my heart. I feel like I dedicate a bunch of my writing to him, it’s probably getting old now, but I won’t apologize. Take a listen with your lover and see for yourself. This one is for sure a hidden gem.

“ILYSB (Stripped)” By LANY

I stumbled upon this song my junior year of high school and it has not left my playlist since. This work of art highlights the highs and lows of love from obsession to heartache. “ILYSB (STRIPPED)” is fittingly featured on Lany’s second EP “Make Out” with five other indie-alt love songs for your listening pleasure.

“Lover” by Taylor Swift

Alright. Full disclosure: I’m not much of a Swiftie. Ironic, huh? Especially considering this article’s title is a little bit of an allusion to blondie’s “All Too Well.” It wasn’t intentional, I promise. Anyways, I could definitely live the rest of my life without ever hearing another Taylor Swift song. Sorry, not sorry. I will, though, throw her a bone with this one.

After years of writing and performing problematic breakup songs, she finally decided to give it a rest with “Lover.” In interviews, Swift revealed that she wrote this one in the dead of night in Nashville, and I believe it. I couldn’t imagine a better song to slow dance to in the kitchen.

“The Wave” By Colouring

Now, this is a good one. Colouring strays away from the beat and lyricism associated with your typical love song, but I’m totally okay with it. “The Wave” has been hanging out in my playlist dedicated to mushy, love-like feelings for a solid four years now. I can’t wait to actually enjoy it with someone someday.

“I Don’t Want To Be Okay Without You” by Charlie Burg

I couldn’t tell you when or where I stumbled upon this song, but boy, am I thankful. This song is plain and simple in such a beautiful way, I truly can’t describe it. Charlie Burg did a wonderful job.

“Banana Pancakes” By Jack Johnson

Looking for something happy? Here’s your ticket! Jack Johnson’s entire discography is a work of art made for the lover’s soul, but “Banana Pancakes” tugs on my heartstrings in a truly unique way. No matter the time or place, Johnson’s discography will make for a great soundtrack for you and your significant other.

“At Last” By Etta James

Miss Etta James, what a woman. This song rings through my head like a perfectly tuned bell. It’s been featured in a slew of commercials and movies, and I even hear it from time to time when I’m waitressing at Olive Garden. “At Last” is definitely a lover’s classic and is sure to mix well with whatever songs you stick onto your playlist.

“You Got It” By Ray Orbison

I am definitely an oldies lover at heart. I first picked up on Orbison’s “You Got It” when it was featured in a movie I was watching. The lyrics “Anything you want? You got it” is music to my spoiled ears. I get such a huge kick out of this song. I guess I can blame it on the princess mentality. I digress.

“Never Tear Us apart” by InXS

We love a little synthesized love song from the 80s. This song makes me nostalgic for a time I wasn’t even alive during. You may recognize this song from HBO Max’s series Euphoria. I still haven’t hopped on that bandwagon, but I can subtlety flex the fact that I knew this song before it was sacrificed to the industry of overhyped teenaged television. It does annoy me a bit when I play this song in the car and my passenger hits me with the ever-dreaded question: “is this from Euphoria?”

“Flower Power” by Greta Van Fleet

Last, but most certainly not least, I present to you: “Flower Power” by Greta Van Fleet. GVF stole my heart months ago and I’ll never stop listening. “Flower Power” is just an ethereal-sounding song. It paints a beautiful picture in my head and it would be a privilege to share this song with someone I love. I definitely recommend giving it a quick listen!

I hope you enjoyed my playlist of modest little love songs. I think music is the partial foundation to any good relationship, so I’ll definitely be testing some love interests with these tunes in the future. For the time being, though, I’ll keep these tunes to myself.

Macy is a Pittsburgh, PA native with a passion for reading, writing, tree-hugging and music. She is pursuing a major in Biobehavioral Health, while double minoring in English and Sustainability Leadership on the Humanities Track. Outside of Her Campus, Macy spends her time with her golden retrievers and her camera.