10 Of The Weirdest Pumpkin-Spiced Flavored Items

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

It’s officially pumpkin spice season everyone! Every year there’s a new influx of pumpkin-spiced items which marks the beginning of autumn.

Here are some of the strangest ones.

1. Salmon

The first thought that comes to my mind is, “Why would anyone want to ever eat this?” The fishy flavor of salmon can’t taste good with the delicacy of pumpkin spice. I’ve never met anyone who tried this and liked it, but maybe there’s some potential.

2. Cough Drops

I could get behind this one. As a person who gets seasonal allergies and coughs a lot, I use a lot of cough drops.

Adding the fun flavor of pumpkin spice to cough drops would taste amazing. Another bonus is having pumpkin-smelling breath.

3. Cat Litter

We may have to consult the cat’s opinion on this item. I’m just kidding, of course, but I seriously don’t have a problem with pumpkin-spiced cat litter.

It matches the vibe of fall and keeps the odors of cats clean. I also don’t have a cat, so don’t take my opinion too seriously.

4. Kraft Mac and Cheese

This is gross. Don’t get me wrong, I love mac and cheese, and I love pumpkin spice.

Together though? Who comes up with these ideas? It’s a no for me.

I’m sticking to the original edition of Kraft mac and cheese.

5. Deodorant

I would wear this every day if I could. Pumpkin-spiced deodorant is perfect for the fall season and smells scrumptious.

Everyone knows the best compliments are from strangers who tell you that you smell good. This will get you some of those compliments.

6. Butter

Hear me out. I think this could work when you’re baking a dessert or pastry. This would go great on some cinnamon rolls or croissants.

Other than that, it shouldn’t be used. You can save this pumpkin-spiced butter to go on your pumpkin-spiced salmon.

7. Lube

I didn’t even know this existed before writing this article. To each their own, I guess.

At least it’s pumpkin-spiced flavored.

8. Toilet Paper

I don’t know why you would need to smell the toilet paper that you’re using, but I don’t have any strong objections. This isn’t as out of the ordinary as the other items and smells delicious.

9. Ramen/Cup of Noodles

Pumpkin ramen is the one that surprised me the most. This would taste vile, but it’s a good effort put in by the creators.

I do wonder what piping hot pumpkin spice broth tastes like though.

10. Spam

I could maybe rock with this at Thanksgiving. I have never had spam in its regular form, so I can’t draw a full conclusion, but I don’t think that adding pumpkin spice to it would make it any better. Maybe this would work in some sort of dessert form.

An interesting collection of pumpkin-spiced items that we have this fall season. Feel free to try any of these items and let me know what you think.

I hope everyone has a great fall season this year — I’m going to stick to my pumpkin-spiced latte for now.

Allison is a first-year student studying Digital and Print Journalism with a minor in Women's Studies. When she isn't writing for Her Campus @ PSU, she's listening to ABBA, hanging out with friends, and watching sitcoms. On the weekends, she likes to go thrifting and try new restaurants downtown.