I Spent Valentine’s Day “Alone”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

I have been single for all Valentine’s Day’s except one, and this year was no exception. I dread Valentine’s Day. I love being single but the grass always looks greener on the other side. Here are some things I did:

1. Made myself a Valentine.

Author’s Valentine

I helped to staff a Valentine making event. I saw glitter and naturally needed to make a card and use some, but I didn’t have anyone to give it to. It was recommended that I make one for myself, so that’s what I did. It made making the card a lot more enjoyable. I didn’t have to worry about someone liking the card or about messing up. I used all the glitter I could fit on the card and owned it. I love things that sparkle, and the card was for me, so glitter was highly necessary.

2. Ate chocolate

This was a given. I love chocolate. I had been eating some the week before so I continued to eat. I never need an excuse to eat chocolate but it seemed like the perfect occasion. I also didn’t have to worry about getting candy that I didn’t like. I had a little box of chocolate without a paper that said which was which, and I ate it freely knowing I was allowed to not like the piece that I was eating. No one was going to call me picky or get offended that I didn’t like their present.

3. Went to the gym

I wasn’t sure about going to the gym. I thought that I should consider taking a nap or working on homework instead, but the gym won out. I wore one of my favorite tops (which is NOT pink or red) and did what I needed to do. I enjoyed the gym a little more than usual because it was an activity I was doing for me.

Megan Antosy is a junior at Penn State Berks double majoring in Business with an option in Marketing and Management, and Professional writing. She also has minors in Entrepreneurship and Women's Studies. When she isn't busy writing or editing articles for HC, you can find her on the beach, reading a book, taking a nap, or drinking tea. She is also Co-CC.