Cutie of the Week: Mike Serago

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

Name: Mike Serago

Major: Information Sciences and Technology

Year: Junior 

Hometown: Royersford, PA

On campus: activities: Canning Chair for Penn State Berks Benefiting THON, Lion Ambassadors, Orientation Leaders, and Ski and Board Club

Why did you choose to attend Penn State Berks? “It’s a close-knit community where everyone is like a family. You feel welcome here or, and you don’t feel excluded at all. Also, the academic programs here are awesome because with the small class sizes, you can get to know your professors better.”

What’s something on your bucket list? “I want to go visit Apple’s headquarters in California.”

Favorite movie? “It has to be Star Wars!”

What advice would you give your younger self? “I would definitely tell myself back when I was picking my college back in my senior year that I shouldn’t have even considered another college over Penn State Berks. I waited until February of my senior year to officially pick Penn State Berks, even though I knew the whole time that that’s where I was probably going to go. I also wish I had gotten more involved my freshman year.  I kind of wasted that year and didn’t get to be involved or make new friends.”

Meredith is a sophomore Communications, Arts, and Sciences major at Penn State Berks.
Bree McKenney is a senior Professional Writing major at Penn State Berks. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Berks and she's also involved in the Blue&White Society. In addition to that, she is currently an RA, Peer Mentor, Multicultural Mentor, and a S.A.I.L. Mentor. She loves fashion and has been writing style blogs for Her Campus for a year now.