This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

The Twenties, a rather glamorized time of one’s life, are probably one of the hardest times of your life. In many ways, you transform and change in ways that are often both scarring and exhilarating.

You hit 20 and you are new! You are no longer a fresh young teenager; you are now a dope new twenty-year-old, the cusp of livelihood. Let’s move to 21. You can finally drink legally. No more crappy beers in the bottom of a basement and no more sneaking your parent’s alcohol and refilling it with water. You already know you’re metaphorically not going to survive your 21st birthday with the amount drinks that will be thrown your way and let’s be honest, your liver will start to work exponentially harder from this point on. Now, let’s go to 22. It’s an awkward age. You have no more rights that you did as a 21-year-old and you still can’t rent a car without an insanely high-interest rate, if you’re even allowed to rent one at all in some places. Actually, this is exactly how 23 feels too. So basically you’re stuck in this weird limbo until about the age of 25. In this limbo, you will see sights that you could never imagine. People that are younger than you and who have only been dating for 3 months will get married. People you’ve known your whole life will move across the world. Even more amazingly, you will witness people have kids, that you would never imagine would procreate. It’s a crazy, blurry world really. Then we hit the magic number of 25. Now, don’t get me wrong, I am sure there are still some hiccups that come along, especially in today’s world. But you are taken so much more serious when you finally hit 25. By then, you are getting established or just getting settled and life is gravy, I imagine anyway. I don’t know it’s the movies or the mere fact that you can rent stuff and not pay an astronomical amount of money, but something seems so golden about the age of 25.

After that, well, to be honest, I am not sure what to expect. I would love to paint a picture about how everything is smooth and is worked out by then, but that’s not the case. And as a 23-year old, I can’t imagine what my life is going to be like in 3 years. But, I can say this: your twenties are the single greatest years of your life. Despite all the confusion and the downright insanity that will take place as you follow life’s journey, you will experience your greatest triumphs. You will 100 percent experience your all-time-greatest lows as well, but it’s important you go through it all. As you face parenting fears, major lifestyle changes, loss, and other insanely human things, your twenties give you the perfect amount of time to live life to the fullest.

A'aryonna Fontes

PS Behrend '18

I am loud and I am opinionated. Basically me in a nutshell. :)
Andrea Gáez

PS Behrend '19

From Panama.xx