jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Real Life Ghost Stories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Who doesn’t love this time of year? It is filled with beautiful leaves, comfy sweaters and of course, all things spooky. Although some are not believers, those who are are passionate about especially when they have a personal experience dealing with a ghost. So, interested in some true ghost stories, go ahead and read on.

A Spooky Vacation

Source

When talking about ghost stories, I have one specific story that comes to my mind that happened to me a few years ago. My family and I took a trip to a couple of different states and ended up in Cooperstown which is in New York. My dad booked us to stay in a hotel called the Otesaga Resort Hotel. I decided to look up the hotel online to see what it looked like and, suddenly I saw a bunch of articles pop up saying that this hotel was haunted. They have even filmed a Ghost Hunters episode in this specific hotel. So, immediately I started panicking because although I love watching spooky things, but don’t really like to be in the middle of spooky things. We checked in, and everything seemed pretty normal up until it started getting dark outside. My family and I decided to go to bed pretty early because we were all pretty tired from the drive. My family fell asleep very fast, but I was starting to break a sweat because I had read stories about the things that go bump in the night. First, I heard chairs scraping across the ceiling but, I realized that we were on the top floor so there was nothing above us. Then, I started hearing scratching against the walls. I started crying because I realized I was still the only one awake hearing these noises. I finally fell asleep around 3AM and woke up to find that my glasses were missing. Which is weird because I am pretty much completely blind without them. I knew that I set them on the nightstand before I went to bed, so I checked behind it, I checked inside my suitcase, we literally tore the entire room apart. I started having a slight meltdown because I cannot see without my glasses, so I would end up being miserable if I couldn’t find them. We gave up for a while, and I realized that they would show up eventually because I didn’t even leave the room to where they could go somewhere else. My brother went to go get a tissue out of the tissue box in the bathroom and found my glasses inside the tissue box. How in the world would my glasses get inside the tissue box when I was the last person to fall asleep? I started freaking out, and I could tell that my parents were a little bit spooked out as well as my brother. So, that’s the reason I will never EVER go to another haunted hotel again :)

A Scary Dream or a Terrifying Reality

Source

One night when I was around 4 years old I was sleeping and woke up in the middle of the night.  I had a small nightlight in my room so it wasn’t completely dark. I opened my eyes and noticed a glowing towards the bottom of my bed that was brighter than my nightlight.  As I sat up in my bed and my vision became clearer, the glowing light at the foot of my bed actually appeared to look like my younger sister standing there staring back at me.  She was wearing the same thing she wore to bed that night so I thought she just got scared and came into my room. Confused, I called her name and got no response only a blank stare.  I asked her what she was doing out of bed and still got no response. So I got out of bed and started walking towards her continuing to try and see what she was doing in my room. As I went to go grab her to take her back to her room my hand didn’t stop on her body but instead went through her glowing body.  I took a shocked step back and as I blinked she was gone. I stood there for a couple more seconds trying to fathom what happened but just ended up crawling back into bed. The next morning I told my mom what happened and she told me not to tell my sister because it would scare her. She told me it was just an angel visiting me.  Now my sister just laughs about the story and says I was probably dreaming but I know it was real.

Blessing Gone Wrong

I moved into a house with my best friend my sophomore year of college. The house we decided to get was big, homey and it even included furniture. We thought it was perfect until creepy things started happening. Cabinets and doors would open and close, lights would turn on and off and you could hear noises at any hour of the night. After we started to really notice things, my mom told me to bless our house, using sage and charcoal. Although it sounded crazy, we figured why not. As we were going through the house, everything was going fine, however, as soon as I walked upstairs my anxiety soared through the roof. Something did not seem right, however, I decided to continue. There was one extra bedroom in the house that no one ever used and it was the last room I have to bless. As a began to cover the door with the sage’s smoke, the door started shaking. I am not talking about a small movement from a gust of wind, it was as if someone was trying to force a locked door open. I felt as though my heart stopped and I ran downstairs and called my roommate. I could barely talk and couldn’t stop shaking. She drove home, and together we finished blessing the house. To this day every time I drive by I get goosebumps and I’m convinced it was haunted.

Andrea Gáez

PS Behrend '19

From Panama.xx