This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Rachel was nominated for this week’s Campus Profile for her spunky personality and involvement on campus. She’s totally our homegirl.  

◦   Name: Rachel Cotton

◦   Age: 20                

◦   Hometown: Media, Pa

◦   Year: Sophomore

◦   Major: Communication

◦   Activities: BVZ Radio, Panhellenic Council, Theta Phi Alpha

◦   Status: It’s complicated

Favorites:

◦   Food: I don’t really have a favorite food… I am very picky

◦   Ice cream flavor: Mint Chocolate Chip

◦   Animal: At the moment, flamingos

◦   Thing to do: My radio show for BVZ radio/Hump day (aka my prime time to shine and my pride and joy)

◦   Flower: Sunflowers

◦   Music:  I will listen to anything and everything except for country and certain kinds of rap. I love going to concerts too.

This or That?:

◦   Instagram or Twitter?  Definitely Instagram. I am actually in charge of Panhellenic Council’s Intragram account!

◦   Day or Night? Day

◦   Summer or Winter? Summer!

◦   Dogs or Cats? Dogs! I hate cats

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Hopefully on the radio somewhere or doing something with a radio station. Maybe owning a giant continental rabbit because that would be so awesome. But for now, I really don’t know where I am headed but I do know that I am pretty sure I am on the right path to a good life 10 years from now and that’s all that matters.

Where can you typically be found on campus?

I’m typically in Kochel or Reed.

Why did you decide to join a sorority?

When I first came to Behrend, I joined the freshman interest group for Communication majors. In that group I met someone in Theta Phi Alpha and she invited me to different events and from there I met so many incredible people. I loved their values and what our organization stood for. I never saw myself being in a sorority but I wanted to become involved and since I joined, I have found myself taking on many leadership positions and I have made so many friends around campus! Probably one of the best organizations I have ever joined.

As a member of Theta Phi Alpha what has been your favorite memory with your sisters?

There have been so many amazing memories but I can’t pick just one! Every moment that I spend with my sisters adds to the collection of favorite memories! I am sure that would be a similar response for most sorority women!

What is your favorite thing about Behrend?

I love the social environment! There are so many friendly and welcoming people. The campus is beautiful and there are so many events are going on every day.

What is your favorite class? Why?

I loved my radio practicum class because that is what got me into BVZ! If I never took that class, I would never be this involved with BVZ like I am today.

When you get hangry what is your go-to snack?

Definitely goldfish. They are my all time favorite snack! The snack that smiles back is so obviously the best choice!

What do you value in life?

My friends, my sisters, and my family. I always love being surrounded by my friends. They make me happy and I know that I can always count on them.

How did you get involved in BVZ radio and what do you love about it?

I got involved by taking the radio practicum class which required me to make a radio show and do some service hours for BVZ. I love it so much because every week I get to do something I love! Hump Day is my pride and joy. I get to talk about whatever I want and play whatever music I want to. I have had the opportunity to go to New York City because of BVZ and other incredible opportunities.

What is one piece of advice you’d like to give our readers?

Procrastinating is the art of keeping up with yesterday, so get your shit together since finals week is coming up!

Anything else you’d like to add?

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.” Dr. Seuss

I am a sophomore Business major at Penn State Behrend