Our Crazy Encounters with the 5-0

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Story 1:

It was my first night back as a sophomore, so naturally, my friends and I wanted to go out and have a good time. That was our first mistake!

Source

We were having a great time walking around our apartment complex when I realized I had to go to the bathroom REALLY bad. I was a long way from home and didn’t think I would be able to make it, so I casually went to the bathroom between two dumpsters.

As my pants were around my ankles, I saw a car pull up. It screeched to a stop, headlights shining directly on me. I figured it was someone’s Uber, so I decided to yell, “Hey someone’s Uber is here!” Well, it turns out it wasn’t someone’s Uber, after all. The lady approached me and pulled out a badge and stated that she worked for the police as a detective. She asked me if I had been drinking and kept questioning my friend and me about what we were doing. After a long talk of her threatening me with an underage and public indecency, I got away without receiving either of them. The one thing I take away from this is that no matter how bad you have to go to the bathroom, you can always hold it a little bit longer!

Story 2:

High school is a crazy time; you’re finding out who you are, constantly changing hairstyles, falling in love with boys after one interaction in class, you know, the usual. This whirlwind of a time can sometimes cloud your judgment, this was especially true for me. My judgment was extremely clouded when I thought it would be a good idea to have sex in my car in a public park. I know, I know, it was stupid but what’s a hormonal teenager supposed to do when she thinks she’s in love with an angsty, guitar playing, metal band member, teenage boy? *Swoon* So there I was, having a steamy, in-the-car-titanic scene in my dad’s white 1997 Taurus, which turns out was not big enough for a late night rendezvous. This was my first illegal sexcapade, so I wasn’t smart enough to know that I should have kept on as many clothes as possible. So I was butt naked when a cop pulled up, and still mostly naked when he walked up to the car. I was utterly embarrassed, my partner was surprisingly not, like was this not his first time getting caught doing it doggy style in the back of a small car? To make matters worse, my boo was apparently a neighborhood bad boy, because the cop instantly recognized him. To be honest, I thought it was somewhat hot at the time that he was a bad boy; but remember: cloudy judgment. Luckily the cop just gave us a warning, and we went on our merry way. However, I was not known in high school for my wise decision making, so I went on to continue to have sex in my family car until I got my own apartment. From Church parking lots to behind buildings, the late night car and chills were an interesting and uncomfortable part of my life. Plus, I only got caught one other time, so everything turned out okay.

Source

Story 3:

Freshman year was filled with terrible decisions. My first truly terrible decision happened after my first Tinder experience. It was exciting at first. He was an upperclassman (which I thought automatically made someone cooler). He was cute and tall. He was also a bad boy, and everyone knows bad boys make the best boyfriends. After about 2 days of messaging, we finally decided to meet up.

He picked me up in an old, black BMW. We didn’t really know where we were going but we knew we wanted to adventure somewhere, especially because I was new to the area. He suggested we drive to New York and because I was a freshman and had no concern regarding strangers, I said yes.

Source

We were about a mile into New York and we were having a blast. I got to Snapchat a picture of the “Welcome to New York” sign, we were listening to music and overall just falling in love. Our super fun adventure, however, had to be put on hold because for some reason a police officer started to follow us. I knew we were out late, but I wasn’t too worried because we really weren’t doing anything wrong. He, however, was freaking out. After about 3 blocks, my tinder date decides to pull into a residential neighborhood and before we knew it, we saw those lights go off and we pulled over.

As soon as the officer walked up the window, he looked at my date and asked, “So, where is the weed?”. At first, I was confused but after a bit of concentration, I could definitely smell the faint smell of pot. He asked us both to step out of the car, and I was terrified. After some time, the police officer walks out and puts a bag of pot and a scale on the car hood. I then realized I was on a date with a drug dealer!!! At the moment, I was certain I was going to jail. I was going to be someone’s girlfriend and it was going to be the Live show of Orange is the New Black.

Source

After about 30 minutes, the police officer walked back to out car chuckling and told us that we lucked out. We ended up about 2 miles into New York, meaning we were in a state that had marijuana decriminalized. I was not going to jail. The anxiety and fear I felt immediately disappeared. He told my date that he had to take the pot and scale and then gave him a $150 ticket. He also added that he thought it was funny how scared we both were then told us to go home and get to bed. Long story short, we both went home, never talked again and I deleted my tinder.

Andrea Gáez

PS Behrend '19

From Panama.xx