This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

This Halloween, if you’re tired of dressing sexy every year, consider making a statement! Why dress as a sexy goldfish (yes, that exists) when you can dress as a great feminine role model?

1. Lady Liberty Who says you can’t make female empowerment sexy?

2. Tina Belcher from Bob’s Burgers Growing up is rough, and Tina handles her teenage years like a champ. Tina is synonymous with self confidence. “Time for the charm bomb to explode”.

3. Suffragette Pay your respects to those who fought for our right to vote!

4. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter

Smart, spunky, and devoted, Hermione is a great role model for women everywhere (not to mention Emma Watson is a feminist spokesperson!)

5. Rosie the Riveter

During WWII, when women were given the freedom to work in lieu of their husbands, brothers, and sons, Rosie the Riveter became a feminist icon for female empowerment.

6. Wednesday Addams

• Dark, twisted, and unapologetically honest, Wednesday Addams represents independence. Who cares that her family is a little quirky, who knows what “normal” is anyway?

So who cares if you represent our feminist idols this Halloween, or dress like a sexy whatever? As long as you love it and feel great, you do you!

Photo Credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Ashlie is a junior Communication Arts and Sciences major from Huntington Beach, California. She enjoys watching Netflix and eating sushi in her spare time. 
Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.