This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

A lot of ladies are hesitant about using dating apps like Tinder or Bumble because they think they will get used and mistreated, but in all honesty these apps have their perks.

1. Keep in mind not everyone on the app is looking for one-night-stands, some people are genuinely trying to meet nice people.

2. Be honest. These apps do have bios, therefore you can be as honest as you want and put… swipe left if you just want a hookup or even tell the guy once you start talking.

3. Have fun with it! Create a Tinder with your BFFs and go on group dates!

4. If you end up matching with someone that you like at first but then lose interest, you can always unmatch them! There is no shame and saying this person is just not right for me.

5. If you are looking for something serious and want to try online apps… a tip is that Bumble is classier and it makes the girl make the first move!

6. Remember to also be cautious because it is an online dating app and that catfishing is very much a thing in this day in age.

7. If you meet up with someone from the app, take friends to spy on you and look out for you! Safety comes first!

8. I know it’s rare and a bit hopelessly romantic, but have hope with these apps because love stories do exist and they can come out of apps like these.

9. Give yourself a chance to be a little fun, flirty, and free… talk to a lot of guys and get to know people but most of all be yourself because there is nothing more tragic than not living up to your full potential.

10. Lastly, Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy didn’t get together without taking risks, so get out there! Be bold, daring, and adventurous… for all you know it could lead to an epic love story or a day you’ll look back and laugh at.

Image Credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.