Chelsea Stewart ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Who’s smart and sassy and crazy accomplished all over? It’s our Profile of the week – Chelsea Stewart!

Hailing from Nelson, PA, twenty-fun year old Chelsea is a junior communication major, minoring in women’s studies and who is also certified in public relations, needless to say, she is always on the go and nothing holds her back. She is the current Lifestyles editor for The Behrend Beacon and is an active member in the Behrend Communication Club, BCN.

But if you think Chelsea is only about school and her bright future, think again. She balances career aspirations, event planning for professional sports teams, with her love of family. She credits her grandmother as her biggest role model and a large reason for her success in school and life as a whole. After a long day, Chelsea looks forward to seeing another very important person in her life – her totally awesome fiancé.

No matter what happens, Chelsea always embraces whatever life sends her way. “Fall down seven times and stand up eight,” she explained in response to her views on the meaning of life.

“There are always bad days, but there are always good days as well.”

Chelsea recognizes being a Collegiette is no easy feat.

“I think the idea being girls going to college for an ‘Mrs. Degree’ is still present. But if women keep going into male-dominated fields and kicking ass, [the adversities women face] will slowly reduce. “

Well said, Chels. Thanks for being a role model for us and for so many others. You do you!

Third generation Penn Stater - class of 2016. Enthusiastic supporter of coconut cake, the color teal, and Oxford commas. English major. Mass communications minor. Public relations concentration. Let's talk.
Lexie is a senior communication major at Penn State Erie, The Behrend College, specializing in public relations, advertising and social media. She has coined herself as a monogram enthusiast, an unapologetic cat fanatic and a passionate feminist. Lexie started the Her Campus chapter at her school in hopes to leave behind something special to the place that has given her so much. She believes in the power of the written word, a timeless handbag and practicing reckless optimism. To feed her social media addiction, follow her on Twitter and Instagram @leckseepelchen