Campus Cutie: Lia Vinciguerra

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

This weeks Campus Cutie is the ever so spunky Lia Vinciguerra!

Year: Sophomore

Major: Pre-Optometry (Biology)

Her Campus: What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?

Lia: “I sky-dived, so I guess that is pretty adventurous. It didn’t end so well though, I thew up in the air… but it was still fun!”

Her Campus: What would be your perfect date?

Lia: “Oh gosh… I would say probably doing something I had talked about and surprising me with that. Probably, when it’s nice weather, going to Presque Isle or something.”

Her Campus: What is your favorite candle scent?

Lia: “Oh I love candles! I like the sugar and spice candle, I like warm candles because they give me a hug.”

Her Campus: What is the most attractive thing you find in a guy?

Lia: “If they are just very genuinely nice, nice to everyone not just me.”

Her Campus: Are you seeing someone now?

Lia: “I am, I love him so much. he’s so great. He’s the nicest guy I have ever met, and again, he’s nice to everyone not just me. And he’s always happy, it make me feel bad about myself (laughs).”

Her Campus: What is your biggest fear?

Lia: “Not getting into Optometry school. if I weren’t to get in I’d have no clue what to do… I’ve always seen myself in the medical field.”

Her Campus: Favorite musician?

Lia: “Ed Sheeran, I just love him. I recently got into Tori Kelly too, I really like her.”

Her Campus: What animal would you like to make at build-a-bear?

Lia: “Giraffe!! (pulls one out from her back pack) his name is Raphael. I had like ten build-a-bears, I used to go there all the time. They’re just so cute and tall, I wish I was tall.”

Her Campus: What is your favorite food?

Lia: “Spinach and artichoke dip.”

Her Campus: What are your plans for the future?

Lia: “I’m hoping to get into Optometry school probably in Ohio State, which I’m not too happy about because I want to wear Penn State stuff there. Then probably getting married, getting a dog, getting another dog, and then having kids and retiring in Italy. I really like dogs, I’m getting a Cavapoo. I have a dog right now, her name is Emma and I bought her myself! She’s great, I love her.”

Her Campus: Do you have any nervous habits?

Lia: “Oh yeah, I scratch my head a lot. I have to do something with my hand, touch something or draw stuf with my fingers.”

Her Campus: Who do you go to for advice?

Lia: “My mom, even though she’s not here, I still call her everyday. My sister too, especially when it’s about boys.”

Her Campus: “If you had the option to do anything in the next five years, what would you do?

Lia: “I’d go back to Italy! I love Italy so much, it’s so relaxing and I’d definitely go there again. I went with my Dad for soccer and I’d love to go again.”

Her Campus: What is something most people don’t know about you?

Lia: “I feel like I’m an open book… I don’t like pickles? I went to France with my family, I guess I’m five foot on the dot. I say 5’1″ to try and trick people when I can, I’m short.”

Her Campus: Who is your superhero?

Lia:  “Natalie Barkley; she’s my superhero because she is so amazing. Natalie inspires me to be a better person. Her, my sister, my mom, Ellen DeGeneres, and my Dad.”

Her Campus:  What organizations are you a part of?

Lia: “Oh wow… I’m a Lion Scout, a Lion Ambassador, a Resident Assistant, a member of Gamma Sigma Sigma, and try to help out with LEB when I can.”

Her Campus: What are your hobbies?

Lia: “I like to craft stuff when I can, ski, I used to like to sing but I don’t get to sing anymore, make scarves, anything fun, cooking is fun for me, and photography.”

Thanks for a fantastic interview Lia! HCXO

Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.