12 Moments From Your 21st Birthday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Are you already dreaming of the big b-day? I know I was (sorry, Mom). Here are twelve things that will happen during that final passage to adulthood. Make sure to have some ibuprofen on deck.

1. You’ll wake up like it’s Christmas.

There are few birthdays as important as the 21st for obvious reasons. (Move over, sweet sixteen.) With it comes an excitement like no other.

2. But be warned, you’ll hear jokes about becoming an alcoholic and blacking out all day.

Haha, joke’s on you. I’m a responsible adult. #CollegietteLife 

3. That doesn’t matter. You’re busy finalizing list for your first liquor store run.

It’s okay to pregame your birthday, right?

4. Somewhere in there you’ll get ready to go out…

Gotta’ look good for that first drink pic. #Selfie! 

5.And you will wonder if the server will ID you.

I look so young and fresh and great. And clearly 21.

6. So you order a pretty drink. Then post said pretty drink on Insta.

Oh, that was just me? ~oops~ 

7. And feeling hella sad when the server doesn’t ask for your ID.

You would have ID’d me last week! What gives??? 

8. Whatevs. Savor the first legal sip.

Finally #21, betches.

9. Maybe you wonder how much booze will affect your weight.

It’s called a beer belly and not a tequila belly for a reason. #ontherocksplease

10. And then realizing you have class the next day.

Not all of us are lucky enough to have a Friday birthday this year.

11. No matter. You’re too busy living it up anyway.

As you should. Life is too short to worry about carbs and attendance policies.

12. And celebrating making it through the night without throwing up.

Congrats on having an excellent 21st! #Cheers

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Third generation Penn Stater - class of 2016. Enthusiastic supporter of coconut cake, the color teal, and Oxford commas. English major. Mass communications minor. Public relations concentration. Let's talk.
Lexie is a senior communication major at Penn State Erie, The Behrend College, specializing in public relations, advertising and social media. She has coined herself as a monogram enthusiast, an unapologetic cat fanatic and a passionate feminist. Lexie started the Her Campus chapter at her school in hopes to leave behind something special to the place that has given her so much. She believes in the power of the written word, a timeless handbag and practicing reckless optimism. To feed her social media addiction, follow her on Twitter and Instagram @leckseepelchen