What to do when you’re “Stuck” at home for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

First of all, if you think you’re “stuck” at home, I promise you’re not if you choose to make the most of it!

Spend time with family

Go on a date with your mom, your sister, your grandpa, or your dog! Spend time with the people that love you because they miss you way more than you know. You could go to brunch with grandpa, get manicures with mom, and take your dog for a walk on the beach or through your favorite nature trail. You could even make your favorite meal for your family, they’ll think you’re the perfect child; you even get to eat your favorite meal in the comfort of your own home – it’s a win win!!

Organize organize organize

Let’s face it, organizing is a major chore but it really doesn’t have to be.  Think about how good you’ll feel if you get a major jumpstart on organizing your room at home BEFORE you get home for the summer (which is basically right around the corner). Buy a massive coffee, blast your favorite music or play your favorite Netflix show while you organize and I promise the time will fly. Whenever I’m home from school, I am a million times happier if I left my room perfectly put together (meaning no un-empty bags of junk sent home from school first semester).

Get Crafty!

Go through your Pinterest board and take a look at all of the artsy DIY’s you’ve told yourself you were totally going to do, but never did, and actually do them! You can paint your room, practice cooking some healthy meals or sweet desserts so you’ll be a pro at “adulting.”

Go to all of your Favorite Spots in your Hometown

I personally took the town I grew up in and currently live in for granted. It wasn’t until college when I realized how lucky I am. There’s so many beautiful sights, conveniences, and hidden gems that I didn’t expect to miss until I did. Go driving around town and take it all in, i’m confident you too will see all the beauty our hometowns have to offer us!

Visit friends with different  breaks at their schools

PC’s spring break is different than 95% of my other friends spring breaks, so visiting friends at colleges close by is not a bad idea. It’s another win win because your not missing anything happening at school, and you still get to experience all the fun!

This is only 5 of the infinite number of things you can do while “stuck” at home for spring break, so I hope this helps jump start your productive/feel-good/ fun-filled spring break!!!

GIFS courtesy of giphy.com 

Gabi Brait

Providence

Her Campus Providence Executive Board- Event Planner Year: Sophomore Major: Management Interests/ Hobbies: Skiing, Fashion, Shopping, Any creative/DIY projects, Making Acai Bowls, Health & Fitness, Decorating, Planning, Spinning, Making memories with friends and family (including my dog), and Writting for Her Campus!