Things to Do During Finals Week if You Don’t Have Finals, but are stuck on campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

If you’re lucky enough to not have any finals but are stuck on campus, or don’t have any until the end of the week here is a list of things you can do with your free time!!

Go on an Adventure

There are so many places around PC explore and your four years here will fly by before you know it so take some free time to check out places. If you or a friend has a car then you can go anywhere you want, but if not don’t forget the RIPTA is free and can take you to a lot of place in RI. If you only have a couple of hours one day then go up to Thayer to shop, eat, and pretend you go to Brown and chill in their quad for a little bit. If you have a whole day drive up to, or take the RIPTA to Newport, there are always things you can find to do. If you really want to go on an adventure hope on the commuter rail up to Boston, and explore all day.

Have a Spa Day

If you do have finals then you definitely need a little bit of me time to relax and regroup. No matter what your budget is you can find a way to relax. It can be a simple as walking down to CVS and get a facemask, and other spa essentials to have a spa day in your room. If you really want to TREAT YO’SELF then you can go get a mani-pedi somewhere nearby, especially if you’re a senior and need to get one for commencement anyway. Even if you don’t have much free time during finals week make sure you take the time to take care of yourself, it is needed and you will be happy you do.

Grab Lunch/Brunch or Any Nice Meal Off-Campus with Friends

If your friends are in the same boat as having free days during finals then plan to go out together for a nice meal, especially if you’re senior and have any non-senior friends you won’t really get to see as much post-grad. This is really the last time to do things with friends before heading home for the summer and this is a simple way to spend time together, and get a break from studying for a little bit.

Go to a Game

The Red Sox and Paw Sox are in season and you can find last minute tickets all the time. So grab a couple friends find cheap enough tickets and just go. Even if you aren’t a huge sports fan, like myself, you will still have fun, the experience of live games is always the best.

Spend All Day in a Cute Café

If you have to spend finals week actually studying or writing papers, but need a change of scenery then find a cute little café nearby and spend the day their studying. I know I am more productive in a public setting like that because I know I will be judged if I sit and watch Netflix at a table somewhere instead of doing my necessary work.

Catch Up on Sleep!!!

This one is definitely a no-brainer but seriously take this time to catch up on some sleep. Usually campus is a lot quieter during finals week so there is less noise at night keeping you up so go to bed early and sleep in late.If you can’t do this the whole week try to do it at least one day, trust me you’ll feel a lot better if you actually get the 8 hours of sleep you need.

Spend as Much Time With Your Friends

If you’re a senior you only have so much time left here at PC so make sure you’re spending that time with the people you love them most. This time for any non-seniors is also the last week to spend time with your friends here possibly until next semester if you live far away from each other so you definitely want to make the most of it. Finals Week is when pretty much everyone is stressing out, so you can all commiserate together.

To Everyone Studying for Finals 

College: Providence College, Senior  Major: Marketing  Age: 21  Current Obessions: Rivedale, Reese Witherspoon being a HBIC in Big Little Lies, all the new celebrity book clubs that I'm yet to join but really want to People who inspire me: My mom, sister, and besties, Emma Watson, Reese Witherspoon, Rowan Blanchard, and all the other bada$$ feminists leading the way for me  Fashion Aesthetic: kind of all over the place, but I usually like classic style with a edgy or boho twist