Starting The New Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

Hey Guys!

Hope your winter break was fantastic and relaxing! Mine sure was. But it went by way too fast. :(

However, now I’m back at PC and I love it. And after a week back at PC, I think we all have found a flow to our schedules. At first I was nervous because I have so much on my plate this year. However, as I sit in the library in a sweatshirt with a hot chocolate looking outside at the snow, I think it’ll be fine :)

This semester I’ve decided to transition my major from Management to Marketing. I’m still staying in business though! :) So I’m taking more Marketing classes so I can test to see if this is really what I want to do.

My schedule is as follows:

• Managerial Finance
  • Principles of Marketing
  • Honors Chemistry in Contemporary Arts
  • Honors Development of Western Civilization

Two business courses, and two honors courses. Wish me luck :)

Please do not hesitate if you have any questions on anything I do! I love taking to people!

I think that’s it for now. When I get a better feel for my classes I’ll put a few posts up about them so you can understand what Marketing majors learn, and I will also recap my classes last semester so you can understand what Management majors learn. In addition to all of this, I’m most likely going to establish a double minor in Finance and Economics. AND I’m in the Honors Program. So please do not hesitate to use me as a resource for information on things Business related at PC :)

Congrats to all the accepted PC students!

-Alexia Polachek

Alexia Polachek is a Junior at Providence College and loves it. Majoring in Marketing, and minoring in Economics, she hopes to pursue Entertainment communication. In her spare time she blogs for PC Admissions and works on campus. However, on a perfect day, you can find her at the beach with a book in hand.If you need to get in contact with her, you can email her at alexiapolachek@hercampus.com.