Simple Steps to Planning the Perfect Friends-giving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

Who? What? When? Where? Why?

Step 1: Make a list of who you definitely want to be apart of this festive event! This will then help you figure where to host, and how much food to have.

Step 2: Decide on the time and place. Brunch? Lunch? Turkey Dinner? Or Just appetizers and desserts? The choice is yours and there are sooo many options. I personally am a fan of brunch (yes I’m basic) mostly because there’s no way I will be cooking an entire turkey dinner for my friends (love you guys! ;)), but I WILL be making pumpkin waffles!!

Step 3: Get working on your invitations!! Of course a simple group message would suffice, but imagine how impressed you’d be if you were to receive an adorably hand made fall-themed invitation or even an evite! The little things make such a difference!! Be as festive as you can, it’s way more fun and exciting!

Step 3: Fooooooooood!

If you have taken on the time-consuming project of cooking a meal (in addition to putting together appetizers & sides, making apple cider themed drinks, and don’t forget the pies!) you are a saint, and I have provided a few favorite links to some yummy thanksgiving treats that are delicious and festive, that are sure to impress your friends-giving guests :)

YUMMY APPETIZERS! ~ Mini Apple Pies! ~ Pumpkin Pecan Cream Cheese Dip! ~Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad! ~ Pumpkin Spice Snack Mix!Pumpkin Waffles!

Step 4: DECOR DECOR DECOR!! Time to get crafty! How you dress your friends-giving (dining room) table is what makes your friends-giving complete, don’t opt out of the festive decor, just don’t. I have liked below some simple dining set ups and DIY decorations you and your friends will love! Do it for the VSCO!

YOU WILL LOVE THESE LINKS!

Follow these steps and you’ll be the hostest with the mostest that all your friends will be talking about!

I wish all of you a successful Friends-giving!!

Gabi Brait

Providence

Her Campus Providence Executive Board- Event Planner Year: Sophomore Major: Management Interests/ Hobbies: Skiing, Fashion, Shopping, Any creative/DIY projects, Making Acai Bowls, Health & Fitness, Decorating, Planning, Spinning, Making memories with friends and family (including my dog), and Writting for Her Campus!