bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

Winter can be long and can feel it is never ending but there are some things that can make the cold seem less brutal. Between tests, low energy, and always the drama that seems to happen in the middle of the year here are some tips to keep you happy and make the frigid days go by faster.

Tip 1: Listen to some music

Although this seems simple listening to music can really help with positivity. Whether it is pump up music or chill music it can always help brighten your day. Music can and will remind you that you are never alone in a situation and that life does has its bumps.

Tip 2: Yoga

Yoga is not only good exercise but it also helps you stay centered and calm. It is good cardio, helps with flexibility, and energy.

Tip 3: Personal time

It is always important to take time to yourself. It can be for as short as 5 minutes but it is imperative to make that time for you and only you.

Tip 4: Go outside your comfort zone

Try doing something that you’ve never done before. This can be scary but the results are always very worth it. You could find something you love which you wouldn’t have ever found if you had done taken the first step.

Tip 5: Go Easy on yourself

Don’t always go so hard on yourself. By putting more stress on yourself you won’t be as productive than if you can relax. You are always doing better than you think.

Tip 6: Embrace change

Change is not a bad thing although many believe it is. Change can be scary and overwhelming but if you accept and embrace change the transition will be a lot easier.

Tip 7: Smile more stress less

Put your worries behind you and always remember to smile. What’s the point of stressing when you can be happy? Stress gets you nowhere.

Tip 8: Let go of past

Be able to move on from the past which will set you free. It’s hard to let go of people or things you had in the past but all you can do to better yourself is focus on the present

Let 9: Give

Always be generous because it pays off. Whether it’s a teacher or a friend it can be as simple as a compliment which can make their day better than you realize. The smallest effort can have more of an impact on someone more than you would ever know.

Tip 10: Engage in positive activities

Do things that are good for yourself and led a positive example. By engaging in positive activities you are making yourself better

Tip 11: Be yourself

As many times as this is said one of the most important things you can do in this world is be yourself. If you cannot be you around someone then what’s the point of having them in your life if they don’t see your beauty? If anyone makes you feel less of a person for being yourself they’re toxic.

Tip 12: Be patient

Good things come with patience. For many this is hard to follow but if you are on the right track success will come your way. It always takes time but in the end it is worth it.

Tip 13: Stop making excuses

Don’t make excuses to stop yourself from doing what is best. By making excuses you are only hurting yourself and you are leading a bad habit that is hard to get out of.

Tip 14: Help others

Help those around you. Whether it’s giving advice and helping someone with a task, helping others is always fulfilling and you just made their life a lot better.

Tip 15: Follow your passions

Never let what the world says stop you from what you want to do. Judgement can get in the way but you should live to follow what you love to do no matter what anyone says.

Grace is a Sophomore at Providence College, studying Finance. She has always enjoyed writing in her free time and reading books especially mystery and romance novels. Also in her free time she loves spending time with friends, staying active, and going on adventures.