A Recap of the Most Shocking Moments from You Season 3 (Spoiler Alert!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

This October, the fans of the Netflix original series You were finally given a third season. This thrilling and jaw-dropping series was originally released in 2018 and has not failed to create an intense yet creepy storyline. After Joe Goldberg’s Season 2 obsession, Love Quinn, told Joe she was pregnant with Joe’s baby. Love’s shocking announcement saved her life (literally) and left fans wondering what was going to happen to this newly married couple in Season 3. I recently finished watching Season 3 of You, and here is a recap of the top shocking moments that occurred.

1. Joe’s New Obsession, Natalie Engler, was Killed Two Episodes Into the New Season

Season 3 opened up with Joe becoming obsessed with his next-door neighbor, Natalie Engler. This was not a shocker at all. It is apparent to fans that Joe always finds a woman to obsess over and stalk. However, Natalie did not last long. After Joe’s wife, Love, discovered that Joe had an affair with Natalie, her impulses took over and she killed Natalie in her new bakery that Natalie sold to Love moments before her death. This death shocked the fans of You because this completely changed the reoccurring pattern of the show. In contrast to the first two seasons of You, fans were expecting Joe’s obsession over Natalie to develop and evolve throughout the entire season, but Love could not overcome her impulses and stopped Joe’s pattern from developing.

2. Once Again, Joe Held Hostages in the Clear Box.

In Seasons 1 and 2, fans watched Joe kidnap his possessions, Beck and Love, and hold them hostage in a clear box. Fans would have thought that Joe learned his lesson with the clear box, and how holding girls hostage in the box always turns into a bloody disaster. However, Joe and Love both held MULTIPLE people as hostages this season in the same exact clear box that Love was almost murdered in. These hostages included Gil Brigham, Sherry, and Cary Conrad. Despite Gil’s suicide, Love’s friends, Sherry and Cary, actually made it out of the box alive. This was shocking and unheard of! Many fans, including myself, are hoping that Joe has finally learned his lesson and will ditch the clear box next season.

3. Love’s Death

Season 3 of You wrapped up with the biggest turn of events, Love’s death. Fans are well aware that Love was crazy, psycho, and impulsive; however, her even more crazy husband, Joe, killed her. Not only did Joe use Love’s home-grown wolfsbane to kill Love, but he faked her suicide AND revealed how she murdered both Natalie and Gill. Following the murder of Love, Joe cleaned up their messy tracks from all season and cleared his own name once again. This was a classic move by Joe, and once he dropped off his son, Henry Forty, at his gay coworker Dante’s house, Joe ran off to a new country to start over and find his new obsession, Marienne. At least fans experienced a sense of relief at the end of Season 3 that Joe’s son Henry will be in good hands and not Joe’s!

Overall, Season 3 of You did not disappoint the fans. This season was action-packed and full of numerous jaw-dropping moments. Unfortunately, Netflix has not announced a release date yet for Season 4, but they have officially announced new seasons in the future!

Julia Burk

Providence '23

Julia is a Senior Marketing and Psychology double major at Providence College. In her free time, Julia loves to read, shop, and get involved in anything that is creative, such as drawing, taking pictures, or writing!