This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

1. A “mom” coat 

Everyone needs the long coats to keep you warm on those days you have to walk between Harkins and Ryan. Catch the majority in a Canada Goose. 

2. Snow boots 

It is only December 1st and we have seen snow on multiple occasions at PC. While these are a given, you do not want to be getting your cute suede booties all messy because you didn’t think it was necessary to change into snow boots. 

3. Vests 

Vests are an adorable addition as well as an extra layer of warmth to an outfit. Fuzzy, reversible, plaid, quilted, anything goes! 

4. Hot Cocoa

On those extra cold days you just need some warm cocoa in your life to defrost from that long walk. Although Ray may not do everything spectacular, they do have good hot cocoa. 

5. Fuzzy socks

Fuzzy socks no matter when or where are a must. They are extremely cute and keep your feet nice and toasty. 

6. Leather jacket 

This may not apply to everyone’s style, but having a leather jacket to wear during those cold winter months on the weekend will save you from serious hypothermia. Please do your body a favor and put a jacket on before going out Friday and Saturday nights. Freshmen I’m looking at you.

7. Scarves 

Blanket scarfs are extremely useful and versatile. They can make a lazy outfit look cute and can also serve as a blanket when the library becomes colder than the North Pole. 

8. Beanies/head rings

When it gets extremely cold, covering your ears is a must. Throwing these items may take a few seconds but it is extremely worth while.

9. Chapstick

I carry this around throughout the year, but especially during the colder months I hate sitting in class without a chapstick. 

10. Dress in Layers

This isn’t so much an physical essential but rather a tip and trick. Dressing in layers allows you to go to outside, to class, and then to the gym. 

Megan McGunigle is a Political Science and English double major at Providence College. On campus, Megan is involved with WDOM the student run radio station, Club Figure Skating and the organization Generation Citizen. Generation Citizen helps to civically engage students in local middle schools and high schools. She also enjoys ice cream, chocolate, and pizza. Her dream job would be working as a journalist in Washington D.C. to write about all the country's political happenings.