Staff Favorites: The Morgan Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.

On Top of my Dresser:  MAC Lipstick

As a little girl, I have always watched my mother delicately paint her lips with MAC lipstick, hoping that one day I would be able to adorn this iconic make-up line.  Luckily, I got my perfect chance and had some extra money in my wallet to buy a tube of MAC lipstick.  But not just any lipstick…it was red.  There is something about the color red that is daring, eye-catching, and mysterious.  I swear, every time I wear this red lipstick, I feel a bit more confident.  It is like a minor transformation has occurred!  I believe every woman should have at least one tube of red lipstick in her make-up kit.

In my bookshelf: “The Brothers Karamazov” by Fyodor Dostoevsky

Over spring break, I did some major damage at my local Barnes & Noble because I believe that there is much to read and to absorb in this world.  Just a few weeks ago, I finally had enough time to actually pick up this book to read.  Even though I am not finished reading it from cover to cover, I know this book will be one of the most influential works of literature that I have ever read.  Dostoevsky has definitely become my favorite author and an inspiration to me since writing is my utmost passion in life.  His philosophical prose is astounding and the characters come alive as if you had known them for years when really you are only ten pages in to the story.  I am such an admirer of Russian lit that I am taking the language next semester!  Please, please, please purchase this book!  It lives up to its hype. 

In My Ipod: Mew
Mew, a Danish alternative rock band, is a group that I discovered because of iTunes recommendations.  Ever since then, they have become of my favorite bands who I hope to see live in concert some day.  Their songs such as “Hawaii”, “Swimmer’s Chant”, “and “Vaccine” are songs that you can relax and daydream to because the lead singer’s voice is very soothing.  Also a lot of their songs do not follow a specific composition and arrangement.  Sometimes halfway through, the keys change and whatnot but it works!

In My Closet:  Oscar de la Renta Gown

Well…..not really.  But a girl can dream, can’t she? Oscar de la Renta never disappoints me with his collections.  De la Renta has the perfect balance between the dramatic and subtlety.  Not to mention that to say that his gowns are elegant is a huge understatement.  One day, folks, I hope to be able to afford an Oscar de la Renta gown.

Ajibike Lapite is a member of Princeton University’s Class of 2014. When not studying, Ajibike tutors at the Young Scholar’s Institute in Trenton, NJ; serves as the President  of the Princeton Premedical Society; is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Princeton; currently holds the title of Most Stylish Undergraduate (from Stylitics). Ajibike is a  molecular biology major with a certificate in global health & policy. She enjoys consumption of vanilla ice cream and sweet tea, watching games of criquet, exploring libraries, lusting after Blair Waldorf’s wardrobe, watching far too much television, editing her novel, staying watch at the mailbox, playing tennis and golf in imitation of the pros, hanging out with the best friends she’s ever had, baking cookies that aren’t always awesome, being Novak Djokovic’s fan girl, and sleeping—whenever and wherever she can.