Kim Roxie: (Off Campus Celebrity) Founder of LAMIK Cosmetics

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.

Hometown: Houston, Tx
University and Class Year: Clark Atlanta University || 2004
Major: Communications/Public Relations

You call LAMIK an eco-chic makeup brand. What does that mean?

We are a Makeup brand that uses eco-friendly practices for our packaging, products, and usage; while keeping a chic, posh look and appeal. Going green can be glamorous!

Describe a day in your life?

A day in my life is like getting on the biggest highest roller coaster at the theme park, throwing your hands in the air, and taking the ride of your life–going all the way up and then hitting the low points all the while screaming at the top of your lungs but smiling, body rushing with excitement all at the same time; knowing you got on this ride you can not get off ’til it’s over. That’s what my day is Like!

How did get into the cosmetic business? 

Started doing makeup in college as a part-time job and got into the business by currating a space.

What makes LAMIK different from other brands?

LAMIK is different and that is obvious in the name. LAMIK is an acronym: Love And Makeup In Kindness. So not only are you putting on makeup you are putting on Love and Kindness. We believe Beauty is Revealed, not applied. LAMIK is Paraben free and Talc free. Most of our packaging is made from recycled paper and still looks chic! We have makeup shades for all hues of women.

Why is LAMIK the perfect place for collegiettes to shop for cosmetics?

Collegiettes find a perfect place to shop within LAMIK because of our simple steps to Reveal your Beauty (apply your makeup). We say there are only 7 steps and it only takes you 10 minutes to do your makeup. Also, we believe in going Green with how many products you have in your makeup bag, so the collegiettes do not have to spend a whole lot to look like a whole lot! Smile!

Who is your role model?

Michelle Obama

What advice would you give to collegiettes interested in pursuing a similar career?

Seek a close relationship with God and define your character, and practice working hard now! Beauty is what Beauty does!

Ajibike Lapite is a member of Princeton University’s Class of 2014. When not studying, Ajibike tutors at the Young Scholar’s Institute in Trenton, NJ; serves as the President  of the Princeton Premedical Society; is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Princeton; currently holds the title of Most Stylish Undergraduate (from Stylitics). Ajibike is a  molecular biology major with a certificate in global health & policy. She enjoys consumption of vanilla ice cream and sweet tea, watching games of criquet, exploring libraries, lusting after Blair Waldorf’s wardrobe, watching far too much television, editing her novel, staying watch at the mailbox, playing tennis and golf in imitation of the pros, hanging out with the best friends she’s ever had, baking cookies that aren’t always awesome, being Novak Djokovic’s fan girl, and sleeping—whenever and wherever she can.