Etsy Shop Spotlight: True To You Design

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.

Fashion Icons Credited To and Used With the Permission of Jessica

Introduction
We know what everyone says about Princeton fashion. They say that we all look like we stepped out of a J. Crew catalog; now that isn’t a problem, but the lack of diversity in our stylings is an issue. Where is the fashion experimentation? Where is our drive to dress to impress?–dead with the flowers held hostage under the snow. Believe it or not, spring is soon to come which means new clothes. I don’t think that we intentionally fall into the roles of J. Crew models, but what else do we know? Trendy has become the way of life in almost all stores. Modcloth, American Apparel, and Urban Outfitters are more similar than they ever were before. Unique pieces are hard to find. Enter Etsy. Etsy connects the sellers with the buyers in a unique way. Hand-made products, that are one-of-a-kind and often custom-made, are not only really unique but perfect for Princeton collegiettes. In the upcoming weeks we will highlighting our most recent favorite shops on Etsy!

True to You Design owned by Tiffany Baker (Hutchinson, Kansas)
True to You Design opened January of 2010, and since then has made hundreds of sales; even with all of these sales taking place, True to You Design is still at a 100% positive rating–now that’s impressive! The jewelry in the store is called, by Tifanny, handmade artisian. In truth, the jewelry is not only young and stylish, but beautiful as well. Each piece of jewelry in Tiffany’s Etsy store is not only well crafted by inspiringly designed. The products make the perfect gift for a female friend, family member, or a simple pick-me-up gift for yourself!

Returning Customer Rewards + Her Campus Princeton Exclusive Offer
After your first purchase you will get a code for 10% off your next purchase. As you continue to make purchases you will continue to be rewarded for your loyalty. Below is a list of the savings you will receive as long you use the code before it’s expiration date.
2nd purchase 15% towards your 3rd purchase
3rd purchase 20% towards your 4th purchase
4th purchase 25% towards your 5th purchase
5th purchase 30% towards your 6th purchase
6th purchase 35% towards your 7th purchase
7th purchase 40% towards your 8th purchase
Once you have reached 40% you will continue to get 40% off codes with every purchase as long as you use the code before the expiration date. If you do not use the code before the expiration date your rewards will start over at 0.

For our Princeton collegiettes and faithful Her Campus Princeton readers, you can receive 20% off your first purchase from True to You Design and can continue on the reward plan on to 25% and so on. Make sure to use the coupon code, “HCPRINCETON331″. The coupon will expire 3-31-11.

Our Favorite True To You Design Items

Visit True To You Design here!
Fan True to You Design on Facebook.
Make sure to stay tuned for the giveaway! Remember that the “code word” is underlined.

Ajibike Lapite is a member of Princeton University’s Class of 2014. When not studying, Ajibike tutors at the Young Scholar’s Institute in Trenton, NJ; serves as the President  of the Princeton Premedical Society; is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Princeton; currently holds the title of Most Stylish Undergraduate (from Stylitics). Ajibike is a  molecular biology major with a certificate in global health & policy. She enjoys consumption of vanilla ice cream and sweet tea, watching games of criquet, exploring libraries, lusting after Blair Waldorf’s wardrobe, watching far too much television, editing her novel, staying watch at the mailbox, playing tennis and golf in imitation of the pros, hanging out with the best friends she’s ever had, baking cookies that aren’t always awesome, being Novak Djokovic’s fan girl, and sleeping—whenever and wherever she can.