Ugly Christmas Sweaters: A Must Have!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Ugly Christmas Sweater Hot Spots

‘Tis the season for ugly Christmas sweaters! Nothings screams Christmas spirit better than a loud and tacky sweater. Now that ugly Christmas sweaters are super popular and often a requirement for holiday parties, it’s best to stock up. The uglier the better! Here are a few spots in Portland where you are sure to be successful.

Red Light Clothing Exchange

3590 SE Hawthorne 

I passed by Red Light the other day when I was stopping by the Waffle Window. Half of their window was filled with Christmas sweaters in all shapes, sizes and colors. You are sure to have several options and are guaranteed to find the ugly sweater of your dreams for a great price!

Goodwill

3134 N Lombard St

2215 W Burnside St

Goodwill is notorious for their ugly Christmas sweaters. It may take you a little digging, but I have no doubts that you will find a Christmas sweater that is on the level of ugly and tacky you are looking for. Most of their pieces are in the $4-$7 range which is perfect for a college student on a budget!

Value Village

5050 SE 82nd Ave

Just like Goodwill, you will probably have to do a little digging, but you are sure to have several choices. Prices will most definitely reasonable and you will walk away happy with an arm full of ugly Christmas goodness!

Even if you don’t have time to hit up any of these places while we are still in school (we do have those awful things called finals coming up), there are Goodwill and Value Village stores all over the country! Don’t fear, wherever you are, there are ugly sweaters waiting for you to buy them! Happy Hunting! 

Hi Friends! My name is Sam and I'm a senior Biology major at UP. I'm also the 4th floor RA in Mehling (the best dorm ever)! Here are a few things that I love right now: tea, friends, sunshine, bows, scarves, salted caramel anything, and hand-written letters. I'm so excited to be a member of Her Campus here at UP and can't wait to share new and fun things with everyone!
I like places. I like people. I like stories; every place, and every person has a story. I want to write as many stories about that place and those people until the stories run dry. Which is...never. So I will continue to write. Please, tell me a story.