Outfit of the Day Inspiration: 04/25/2012

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

WEDNESDAY: Sunny Shorts!

Finally, it feels like summer’s here!  And with this long-awaited weather comes the perfect opportunity to break out those shorts that have been in hibernation since August.  Many girls choose to rock the classic t-shirt and denim shorts look, which is cute but here are a couple alternatives as well!

Outfit #1: Plaid and Shorts!
For an early morning class, it may not always be warm enough yet to go too bare.  Until the day heats up, throw a light plaid shirt over a white t-shirt and denim shorts for a cute, all-American look.  Add a cross-body bag to carry all your books and finish with either sandals, or even boots for a Western touch. 

[pagebreak]

Outfit#2: Feminine!
Trade in basic denim for pale pink or even mint shorts.  Loosely tuck in a grey tank top or t-shirt on top, and belt the shorts with a long, braided and feathered belt of some kind for a boho feel.  The piece of interest in this look is a long lace duster, but if your wardrobe does not possess something similar, anything long and flowy would do too.  Finish with a long stone necklace and black booties. 

Photo Sources: http://lookbook.nu/look/2016927-I-dont-sleep-I-dream
http://fuckyeahmodelsoffduty.tumblr.com/

Hailing from eastern Washington, Julia attends the University of Portland in Oregon, as a Communication Studies major with an emphasis on Journalism. As a magazine and book junkie, Julia reads everything (and anything) she can get her hands on, especially those passionate on young adult culture and entertainment. A woman that gets stir-crazy easily, Julia has been fortunate to have traveled many summers in a row to foreign countries, including a study abroad course in Austria, Germany, and Great Britain. Since a ripe age, she has grown and cultivated her passion and dream of working for a magazine and spreading awareness as well as happiness through the tips of her fingers. Always finding time for herself, Julia can frequently be found quoting movie lines (most frequently Will Ferrell or Vince Vaughn), having a 90's dance party with her roommates, or rereading "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" for the 40th time.