photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

My Ranking of The Greatest Showman Soundtrack

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

If you haven’t had a chance to see The Greatest Showman, I’d 10/10 recommend. I saw it with my mom and grandma over Winter Break and I’m obsessed with the soundtrack. I’ve been listening to it on repeat for days along with a good portion of the UP student body.  One of my residents in my dorm hall even knows all the dance moves. Also, did I mention that Zac Efron’s in it? 

The song “This Is Me” won the 2018 Golden Globes for Best Original Song for a Motion Picture. The movie also received the Golden Globes nomination for Best Motion Picture-Musical or Comedy as well as Hugh Jackman getting nominated for Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture-Comedy or Musical.  Even if you don’t see the movie, you should really listen to the soundtrack. Here’s my ranking of all the songs :

11. “Never Enough (Reprise)”

10. “A Million Dreams (Reprise)”

9. “Never Enough”

8. “From Now On”

7. “The Other Side”

6. “Come Alive”

5. “Tight Rope”

4. “The Greatest Show”

3. “A Million Dreams”

2. “This Is Me”

1. “Rewrite the Stars”

Want to just listen to the whole soundtrack? Hit play on the video below.

Victoria is a senior marketing major with a sustainability minor at the University of Portland. In her free time, she loves browsing the aisles of Target, exploring Portland and drinking chocolate milk. When in doubt her outfits are almost entirely from Old Navy and you can normally find her in Kenna Hall where she is one of the Resident Assistants.