Meet Talley Carlston!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Name: Talley Carlston
Year: Junior
Major/Minor: Advertising / Fine Arts
Hometown: Salt Lake City, Utah
Favorite On-campus activities: Coffee in the commons and doing my radio show at KDUP.
Favorite Off-campus activities: Brunch, friends, photography, karaoke night, walking around downtown, music, and movie night.
Pet-peeves: The Ugg Boots/Sweatpants combo.
Dream job: To travel and take pictures.
Dream city to live in: Paris!
If you were stuck on a deserted island, you would need: Wilson.
Every guy needs these 3 things in his closet: I am going to have to go with whatever is in Ryan Gosling’s closet. He’s doing something right.
Your perfect date in 10 words or less: Good conversation, a few awkward moments, and some sexual tension.
What you look for in a girl: Outgoing personality, good style, and a sense of adventure.
Favorite thing about PDX: The food!
Favorite class and professor at UP: It’s a toss up between Art History and Photography. Lance Pynes is the man at Art History and Pat Bognar is the relative you always wished you had.
One thing you want to do before graduating: Skinny dip.
Top three albums of all time:
Marvin Gaye / What’s Going On.
Al Green / Greatest Hits
Beach House / Teen Dream
If you could invite anyone to dinner who would it be: Bill Murray
Favorite place to eat in PDX: Miho
Describe yourself in one word: Genuine

Hailing from eastern Washington, Julia attends the University of Portland in Oregon, as a Communication Studies major with an emphasis on Journalism. As a magazine and book junkie, Julia reads everything (and anything) she can get her hands on, especially those passionate on young adult culture and entertainment. A woman that gets stir-crazy easily, Julia has been fortunate to have traveled many summers in a row to foreign countries, including a study abroad course in Austria, Germany, and Great Britain. Since a ripe age, she has grown and cultivated her passion and dream of working for a magazine and spreading awareness as well as happiness through the tips of her fingers. Always finding time for herself, Julia can frequently be found quoting movie lines (most frequently Will Ferrell or Vince Vaughn), having a 90's dance party with her roommates, or rereading "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" for the 40th time.