Meet Portland Fashionista, Olivia Muller!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Name: Olivia Muller

Year: Junior

Major: Marketing

Activities/Involvement on-campus: UPMG Co-President and member of AKPsi, a professional business fraternity

What made you decide to major in Marketing? What do you hope to do with your major? 

I have been set on the marketing field for a while now. I like idea of going to work where there is always something new and exciting happening. Marketing allows you to think outside the box and embrace your creativity, which is something I really value!

I hope to go into a business analyst position, perhaps for a renowned company in the fashion industry, like Nordstrom! I think it would be really cool to analyze the trends in the market and translate that to what consumers want at their favorite store.

Worst fashion faux-pas.

Tights under shorts. I’m not sure anyone ever really does this but I don’t think it’s a very cute look.

What is your favorite fall look?

I’m pretty basic when it comes to favorite fall looks. I really love oversized sweaters with an infinity scarf and leggings, paired with brown boots.

Describe UP fashion (as you see it) in 3 words.

Birkenstocks, leggings, and North Face fleeces

Where do you get fashion inspiration? 

I get a lot of my fashion inspiration from Tumblr and Pinterest. I probably spend too much time procrastinating on those websites, but I find a lot of cute outfit ideas!

What are your wardrobe must-haves?

1. Tall brown boots. I recommend getting a good pair that will last you a long time. Nordstrom has really cute boots for fall and winter months!

2. A little black dress! You can dress it up or dress it down. A LBD is a staple fashion item that every girl should own!

3. A comfy pair of black leggings or yoga pants (#basic). I love Zella and Lululemon. Leggings are great for fall and winter. You can dress them up and pair them with boots and a warm sweater or go casual and wear them to class after pulling an all-nighter.

Most embarrassing fashion moment.

Probably 7th grade, when I would wear my hair in a ponytail every day and put a barrette on the side of my head that was color-coded to the shirt I was wearing that day. Add braces and skinny jeans to the equation and you have one stylish seventh grader. 

Hanna attends the University of Portland and is studying Marketing with a minor in Communication Studies. Getting lost, adventuring in the Pearl on a cloudy afternoon and eventually ending up in a local coffee shop are some of Hanna’s greatest pleasures in life. Hanna hopes to pursue a career in public relations upon graduation and plans to adopt the “City of Roses” as her new home. She is an avid writer and loves spending time with her favorite American authors, Ernest Hemingway and Kurt Vonnegut, with a good cup of coffee and a cozy blanket. Hanna is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-In-Chief for Her Campus Portland.