Meet Nick Pendowski ’15!

Name: Nick Pendowski

Year: Junior

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Hometown: Olympia, Washington

Activities: Rock climbing, soccer, hiking, camping, reading, sleeping, cooking.

Best UP Memories: Dorm shenanigans! Having huge dorm room pong tournaments in my neighbors room and pulling pranks!

Commons or Cove: Definitely the commons, the view over the river is great! Plus that awesome fireplace? The choice is simple!

One UP Bucket list item: Getting to the top of the Chiles Center! Though still working out an escape plan lol

Most embarrassing moment at UP: Had a little too much fun the third weekend of freshman year. Had to have my roommate look after me. Felt terrible afterwards, but we definitely bonded over it. Couldn’t have asked for a better roommate!

Biggest Pet Peeve: Close-minded people. Nothing is more malignant to your growth as a person than limiting your views. People have much to say, listen first before judging.

Favorite TV Show: The Twilight Zone, always a classic. I have great memories of watching it with my dad as a kid. Believe it or not, the show can be quite philosophical at times, I always learn something new.

Celeb Crush: Emma Watson!

Single or taken: Single

Ideal girl: Someone who enjoys the active lifestyle and isn’t afraid of a little adventure now and then :)

Ideal date: Dinner and a movie!

Deal breaker: Someone who can’t put down their phone, I’m bias because I don’t like texting that much. It’s nice for convenience but talking in person is much better.

Deal maker: Someone who questions everything.

Hanna attends the University of Portland and is studying Marketing with a minor in Communication Studies. Getting lost, adventuring in the Pearl on a cloudy afternoon and eventually ending up in a local coffee shop are some of Hanna’s greatest pleasures in life. Hanna hopes to pursue a career in public relations upon graduation and plans to adopt the “City of Roses” as her new home. She is an avid writer and loves spending time with her favorite American authors, Ernest Hemingway and Kurt Vonnegut, with a good cup of coffee and a cozy blanket. Hanna is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-In-Chief for Her Campus Portland.