Meet George Molina ’14!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Name: George Molina

Hometown: Wilsonville, Oregon

Major/Minor: Business

Year: Senior ‘14

What do you like best about UP?

I like the staff best.  We have good teachers, school is well taken care of, P-Safe knows what they’re doing. The staff is outstanding!

What do you have planned for Halloween?

I’m going be with my fellow ROTC cadets and play zombies! That’s basically what I’m going to do and I’m pretty excited about it.

If you could only dress up as one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

I would dress as James Bond because I would always be classy, and it’s also best to over dress for any situation.

What’s your idea of a perfect date?

Well, it would start at Disneyland and we’d set out really early in the morning. After that, we’d have a nice seafood dinner, like fresh crab right next to the Pacific Coast. We’d end the night with fireworks and the latest blockbuster movie. This would be the perfect date on the spot!

What about women’s fashion confuses you?

Not much really, except Uggs. I think that clothing is meant to accentuate the features of the body and Uggs do the opposite. I understand comfort, but fashionwise, it doesn’t bring out anything specific in the woman wearing them compared to another woman wearing them.

Describe yourself in three words.

Motivated, empathetic, leader.

Hi! I'm Avery Aresu, a Junior English Major with a Fine Arts minor at the University of Portland. I'm a writer for the Portland chapter of HerCampus and I'm really excited to be part of the team this year. I'm originally from Auburn, WA, but being here in Portland for these past three years has made me fall in love with Oregon. I love nothing more than drawing and painting, and I spend my free time hanging out with friends and my boyfriend, learning new gluten-free recipes, reading classic literature, going on adventures, bouldering, archery, and going to concerts. Portland is the most wonderful place to be, and I'm excited to share more about it! :)
I like places. I like people. I like stories; every place, and every person has a story. I want to write as many stories about that place and those people until the stories run dry. Which is...never. So I will continue to write. Please, tell me a story.