person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

The Best University of Portland Instagram Accounts!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

With social media being such a huge form of communication for us these days, I figured that knowing all of the best UP Instagram accounts to follow would be a great way to stay up to day with everything that’s happening on campus! Pictures are such a fun way to share what’s going on in our community, but also show off our super cool photo taking skills! Here are the best of the best and the have-to-follow accounts that will keep you in the loop!

1.    Campus Account: (@uportland) This is by far the most popular account if you want to stay up to date via Instagram about everything UP. They have daily posts about the great events happening on campus (like our new President!) and even fun things such as the seasonal fashion photos and they are even know to regram and like photos with the hashtags #uportland, #GoPilots, and #universityofportland! How fun!

2.    Dorm Accounts: (@mehlinghall, @upshipstad, @christiecrazies) A great way to keep up to date with upcoming dorm events and activities is to follow the Instagram account of wherever you live! Mehling and Shipstad are among the many that have accounts showing all of the fun that goes on in the dorm, so be sure to check yours out!

3.    On Campus News: (@asup_news, @uprelay, @pilotministry, @villadrumsquad, @pilotscpb) These are great accounts to know what is happening all over campus, whether it be upcoming service events, games, senate meetings, or even changes happening on campus! There is such a wide variety of these accounts so there’s something for everyone!

4.    Athletics: (@pilot_baseball, @upmensbasketball, @pilotsdanceteam) Want to know a little more about our athletes? Be sure to check out these accounts to get all of the inside information you could ever want! It’s a great way to better know who is on the court or field playing to represent UP!

5.    The Best: (@hercampusportland) We might be a little bias, but if you want a little bit of everything check out our wonderful Instagram! You’ll get updates about new articles, campus cuties and celebs, and get your extra fill of fashion and current events! I promise you won’t regret it!

Happy Instagraming and follow to your heart’s content!!  

Hi Friends! My name is Sam and I'm a senior Biology major at UP. I'm also the 4th floor RA in Mehling (the best dorm ever)! Here are a few things that I love right now: tea, friends, sunshine, bows, scarves, salted caramel anything, and hand-written letters. I'm so excited to be a member of Her Campus here at UP and can't wait to share new and fun things with everyone!
Hailing from eastern Washington, Julia attends the University of Portland in Oregon, as a Communication Studies major with an emphasis on Journalism. As a magazine and book junkie, Julia reads everything (and anything) she can get her hands on, especially those passionate on young adult culture and entertainment. A woman that gets stir-crazy easily, Julia has been fortunate to have traveled many summers in a row to foreign countries, including a study abroad course in Austria, Germany, and Great Britain. Since a ripe age, she has grown and cultivated her passion and dream of working for a magazine and spreading awareness as well as happiness through the tips of her fingers. Always finding time for herself, Julia can frequently be found quoting movie lines (most frequently Will Ferrell or Vince Vaughn), having a 90's dance party with her roommates, or rereading "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" for the 40th time.